Monday 11 February 2013

Monday Musings

Technically if I was working according to plan I should be deep in the bedroom closet at this moment, pitching and purging to my hearts content. Well you know what they say about the best laid plans. I did have an eye appointment this morning so I started my day with that instead of purging. Good news is my eyes have changed so little in the last three years that I can get new glasses if I wish but these are fine, that news made me very happy. I like that my eyes are not getting worse, that they are standing strong and steady as they are. Very important to me.

Once I got done at the doctor's I headed off to Walmart for cat food and litter, some yarn for puppets and some Advil for my knee which is giving me grief today. Having made my purchases at that store, which I have to say is not my favourite place to shop, I did not feel like going home just yet. I am on holidays, I am foot loose and fancy free, so I decided to hit up a couple of thrift stores before I headed home for the day.

I found nothing at the first store I went to. Nothing, NADA, Zippity Do Dah. This made me happy in a strange way because it is proof that I am getting more discerning in my thrift shopping. The second store yielded one item  which I will give to my niece for Christmas. Not a single purchase for myself. I am so proud. The best thing yet was what I did buy was on half price so it really was win win win. I did not go to any more stores, I will save them for another day, I am off until Friday. Armed with my one purchase, I headed home.

Yesterday I got the quilt top finished that I had been working on: Its called a Disappearing Nine Patch, Queen sized: Black, gray, cream and burgundy cotton.


Not the best picture I know but it shows you roughly a quarter of the quilt top. I will show a better picture once I have it all quilted and ready to send off to its owner.   Over the weekend I also made a canvas bag. A large canvas bag that I made out of an old feed sack: Plain simple and serviceable.


It has been made to carry a stack of 24" by 24' plastic sheets that will be used as a life sized game board. I made one before this but it just was a smidge too small so I am going to keep that one for myself and use it for all sorts of toting related activities.


Keeping this does not break my heart because I love it. I love that you can see the faded printing on the feed sack. The other one does not have this. I like the rustic look of this one so adding it to my shopping bag collection is fine by me.

This afternoon I am going to work on my puppet order, It needs to be finished and since I am not in the cleaning mood I might as well work on them and catch up on some taped tv shows. Tomorrow will be time enough to get at the bedroom. My brother hauled my headboard upstairs for me yesterday. God Bless him, I have left it sitting in the kitchen for 2 years now, I got it on sale and thought I would take it up once I got going on the bedroom reno. The bedroom purge is the first step in the reno. It will be purge, wall paper, paint, remove carpet, install carpet, new quilt and bed skirt. Not all in that order but that is what needs to be done. I may even get the bedskirt meassured out and get started on that.

Well I am off for my comfy chair, my crochet hook and the DVR and a happy afternoon of working at my second job. Its gonna be a CRAFTASTIC afternoon!!

Toodles, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment