Sunday 17 February 2013

Sunday Snippets

How inexplicably wonderful to sleep in on a Sunday morning until you body alarm wakes you up, not Sir Barks-alot howling his unhappiness to all and sundry. It was so wonderfully quiet on the street this morning. I cannot tell you how lovely it was. I woke when I was ready, lazed in bed, read for a bit and then got up to face the day. I am eternally grateful for the blessed silence. Sunday is a day of rest and I like to take that idea to heart.

At the moment the first load of laundry is chugging away in the machine, God is drying the dishes in the kitchen and I finally finally finally finished the latest scarf I was knitting on. It seemed to go on forever and I was heartily sick of knitting on it. I am glad to see the back of it. Time to start another one. I think I have 5 of the planned 27 made so far.

I did think I would work on the bedroom today but I am finding myself completely lacking in ambition at the moment. The thought of hurling a queen sized mattress and box spring around on my own is quickly losing its luster. Maybe I will get more energy before the day is over. I really would like to get that headboard out of its box after all this time and the dust ruffle made and onto the bed. I am hoping that a quilt pattern will jump out at me and I will finally decide what I want for the bed. I love the one that is on there but its ages old and too small for the queen. A new one would be nice and I am always up for making a quilt. I just need to find the right pattern. I still tussle with the idea of making the old one wider and just keeping it. Its a Grandmother's fan and still in reasonable shape for the age that it is.

So the afternoon beckons with not much to fill it. I may just spend some time knitting until I get a surge of energy to work on the bedroom. There are some good movies on TCM againt today. All the more reason to snuggle into my comfy chair and spend a lazy afternoon.

I hope you day is wonderful

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment