Thursday 28 February 2013

Struggling to Find a Rhythm

Ok so now I have come to the end of my second week of walking. I have worked up to almost a kilometer and a half. (By the end of next week I hope to be doing 2 kilometers). I am pleased with myself that I have managed to keep on schedule and hit my goals but I am struggling to find a new rhythm to my days. Right now when I get home from walking I am so tired and so hungry that I could eat anything and everything. I am almost too tired to prepare even scrambled eggs. Thankfully I have talked myself out of picking up any fast food on the way home and undoing any or all the good I have done. I have to get used to this new addition to my daily routine. I know the solution...........

Hire a cook, no wait, that is way to expensive........ I know.......Meal planning!!!  I need to get back at it. I also need to start doing some cooking on the weekends so I can have pre prepared meals for the week. I need to have things that are healthy and ready to just heat up. I can see myself sliding into the easy route of unhealthy choices which will totally stomp the bejebus out of my get healthy pursuit if I don't get a handle on this right quick.  I hope to get started this weekend. I am banking on the possibility that as I build up my stamina I will want to do more in the evening than flop on the couch or park myself in front of the computer and stare at Pinterest until I am overwhelmed with new ideas. I have puppets to make, quilts to finish, a house to clean and books to read. Dag-nabbit!!!

I have to get quilting on a quilt this weekend. I have four that need to be done and I have two of the tops finished, begging for batting, backing and the quilting to commence. I have committed myself to another donation quilt to the church at home so the clock is ticking. Now I have the bed skirt on my bed, I want to get my own made, all beautifully blue and big enough. So many ideas and so little time. Work does get in the way of my doing all the crafty things that I want to do.

Speaking of work, I am hoping to take the week after Easter off and do some home renos. I need to replace the flooring in my main floor bathroom, the trim in there has been waiting to be painted for years, so time permitting it will get done as well. The laundry room wall paper is going to get finished, and the carpet in my room has got to go. The biggest project is the painting of the entry way. The Banker has looked at my stairwell and declared that she can paint it. I am jumping all over that offer. I know that I cannot and will not be doing it. I had a ladder break out underneath me once, may years ago and I had a nasty fall. To this day I am scared of getting more than two rungs off the ground. She is willing and I am more than willing to have her to it. The painting of the entry way will be the end to the very last of the shinny silvery wallpaper that came with the house.(Insert Drunken Monkey Happy Dance of Joy!!) The only thing that will ruin my plans is if I cannot get the time off and/or she cannot come and do the painting at that time. I am giving it to the universe and what will be will be.

I am tired. I am not going to give in and crash on the couch. I am going to go work on my 27 scarves project and watch some tv. I may even try to wash another load of dishes, which reminds me I need to call the plumber. The dishwasher being out of commission is no longer funny, time to get it back in working order ASAP.

Toodles,

Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment