Tuesday 19 February 2013

Rather Pleased With Me Little Self

Finally after having the membership for two weeks I talked myself into actually going to the  Get Off Your Butt and Do Something Centre and took my first turn at walking about on the indoor walking track. I had told myself that even if all I did was walk once around it would be better than the nothing I have been doing. So I was very pleased when I made it three times around and probably could have done more but I did not want to push my knee to hard on the first go round. Its a lovely facility, big windows, new, clean, and the music was playing. I had a pleasant first trip. Which means I will head back there tomorrow. My goal is to go four times a week and to get back up to where I was when E and I used to walk.

I am starting my training for my Ireland trip. I want to be able to stomp all over where ever I want to  when I get there and right now the way I am, it would be a very painful thing to do. So slow and steady and I will get back up there. Its a nice track to walk on and there was b big mix of people there so I did not feel like I was out of place. I even remembered the combination to my lock on my locker so that made me even happier.

Of course as this is all new half the evening is gone and I just finished supper but that will change. I stopped at the Hostess' for a cup of tea and a chat, AND a container of home made borscht. YUMMY!! I will get better at this timing thing. I am tired and happy and as I said, pleased with my little self. Onward and upward!!

Yesterday I got invited out to tea with my favourite Ladybug, Mamabug and one of the other Grandmabugs. Grandpabug made an appearance but did not hang with us ladies too long.  The Bugs are having an addition built on the Bug house so Mama and Ladybug are in town while the drywallers muck up the place. I went over and had tea with the ladies, oh we had a lovely time. Ladybug is so cute and funny and was such a well behaved little one while we chatted away the afternoon. I was so happy to get to visit with them and only just now thought that I should have taken my camera with me. Crap!! Maybe I will remember to bring it the next time. I need to make more effort to visit with them more often. Just because they are out of town is no excuse.

We spent the afternoon sipping tea, munching cookies and watch the little one act delighted everytime her favourite cartoon came on the television. So funny to see her get so excited for the same cartoon characters each and everytime they showed there silly little faces on the tv. She is a lovely little girl, a bit of a goof but precious none the less.

Well I should go and work on the puppet order. I am down to the last two. I would like to get them into the mail this week. Oh the best laid plans!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment