Thursday 14 February 2013

Psst Wanna Know a Secret??

I don't like Valentine's Day. At one time I did but the older I get and year after year, I find myself alone yet again on this annoying day that celebrates love and couples and all that sort of thing, the less I am thrilled with it. I wish it would go away, I don't need my aloneness taken out, paraded infront of me and then having my nose rubbed in it, thank you very much. Don't get me wrong, for those of you with Valentines, I am happy for you, go enjoy, relish, celebrate, indulge. Buy each other flowers, chocolates, champagne, fancy meals and jewelry   I am happy for you and wish you nothing but the best. I am truly glad for you that you have what you do, that you have love in your life and would never in a million years wish that away from anyone. It is just personally, looking at it from my state of being, I am not a fan.I will be happy when this day is done.

I spent today quietly, running errands this morning and getting the permanent crown attached to my tooth, then I came home and spent the better part of the day sewing on the quilt for the red room.


It is coming along nicely. I have more than half of the top done. You may not be able to see it well in this picture but there is pale grey sashing around each block. Since I took this picture I have added one more row of blocks. I am torn if I should add strips of red, grey and black around the edge or if I should make it one more row of blocks on the side and bottom to make it bid enough. It will be the spread on the bed and the more I think about it I am thinking I should go with the blocks. The bed skirt is black, the walls of the room are gray with white trim. the accents are red. Its going to make a big difference in the room. I will keep working on it and let the quilt tell me how it wants to be finished.

There you have it my Valentine's day. I am going to finish off my evening with a round of dishes, litter box cleaning and then more quilt sewing. See on any other day that would sound maybe a little boring but on this stupid holiday, it just sounds pathetic. Blargh!!!

Toodles,

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment