Wednesday 13 February 2013

Purging, Purging, Purging

I finally got with the plan and dove head first into the bedroom and started to evict things. The initial attack on the room yesterday yielded this pile of evictees:


Three bags of clothes, three laundry baskets full of odds and ends, two boxes of old VCR tapes (you can see them at the top of the picture) and one piece of exercise equipment that has lived in my closet for probably the last 10 years and has been used twice. (I think I can let it go). So now all I have to do is haul all this downstairs, repack the laundry baskets into boxes then haul them to to car and donate them. I already have three boxes of stuff in the kitchen that is ready to go. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. Next I can start to rip out that super ugly carpet that still graces my bedroom floor. Fun times.

Speaking of my bedroom, this is my Mother's cedar chest:


She wanted one for years and it took her years to finally get one. After she passed away I got it and have treasured it ever since. Currently it lives at the foot of my bed and the cat has been using it as a launch pad for either getting onto the bed or down onto the floor. I happened to notice yesterday while cleaning, that this is causing some scratches to appear on the top. HORROR!! PANIC!!! CAT-ASTROPHE!! I cannot let this continue, my darling Mama will come back and haunt me for sure. So out came some leftover ticking, some quilt batt and the sewing machine. Now the cedar chest looks like this:


Minou has a landing pad now that is soft and the top of the chest is protected from her destructive hind feet. The material is held on there with elastic so its easy to remove and wash. Crisis averted. I am safe from spectures in the night however beloved they may be.

Today I don't know what I am up to. I could keep working in the bedroom, get the bed skirt made, move the boxes out from under the bed, go through the book cases. I could start the new quilt for the red bedroom. I could lay on the couch and nap, I could read a book, I could do the dishes. Trouble is I don't feel like doing much of anything. Slightly out of sorts today and I have no idea why. Maybe I should go make myself something to eat and that may perk me up. I hate it when I get into one of these moods. Oh well, I think I will just make myself do something after lunch and that may snap me back into shape.

Toodles,
Linda

PS: I decided to start on the new quild for the red bedroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment