Saturday 4 August 2012

Strange Sightings

Not the sort you may be thinking of but certainly strange and highly elusive in this house. Do you remember this lovely sight?

Well today it looks like this:


Its is a rare and unusual sight in this house to actually see the the majority of the surface of my sewing table. Its more normal to see it looking like the first photo. Here is an even rarer sighting, something that happens so rarely that it warranted a photo op. 


This gentle reader is my kitchen table. What is remarkable about this you may ask, well let me enlighten you. There is absolutely NOTHING on it that should not be. You can sit at it and eat at it and not have to shove, push, and fight your way to the surface. It is that catch all surface in my house that usually ends up three feet deep totally covered with CRAP  very important stuff. Now if I can just keep it looking like this, well at least as reasonable as I can.

Yes, today I actually stayed home. I was out and about this morning for a very short time, popped in on Princess Diva  to peruse her collection of tiles. We are planning a day of mosaic tiling and we need to bulk up our supplies. Well I do, she has lots. She is going to the big city soon and she is going to check out their Re-Store for salvage tiles. She is going to buy me some. (She is a sweetie). I will be checking out our local Re-Store next weekend for tile possibilities. After her place, I got groceries and came home. 

Then it was a fun filled round of cleaning, tidying, scrubbing the litter box, washing towels, washing floors, washing garbage cans and knitting. I put my new red chairs into the sewing room and removed the old ones. One to the garbage and one to the shed. Do I know how to live it up around here or what?? I have to admit I would rather have been out and about again this Saturday but on must tend to things on the home front once in a while.

Tomorrow I hope to get to the flower beds and start a quilted table runner for Busy. She has waited patiently for it for ages and I really am eager to get at it. Its paper pieced and I have never done paper piecing. Nice to learn something new every now and then.

I am going to spend the rest of the evening knitting on my dishcloths. These are actually for me this time.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment