Sunday 5 August 2012

Easy Like Sunday Morning

It was a lovely day today. I love my Sundays. I used to hate Sunday, I always found it depressing and sad and I always dreaded them. Its been so long since I felt that way I could not really tell you the exact reasons but I dreaded them. So a long long long time ago I decided to stop wasting my time hating them because it really was exhausting and change my feelings. Slowly I changed my point of view and now I love my Sundays. Day of rest, I embrace that. Sunday is my day to sleep in, my day to have a full on breakfast and my day to easy into the day with coffee, Coronation Street and no schedule. Well at least no schedule until after 12:00 pm unless I want to have a schedule.

I got up this morning around 10:00 am and had my bacon, eggs, toast and hash browns. Having devoured that,  I took my coffee and sat on the veranda for a spell. It was a perfect morning for veranda sitting. Gentle breezes rustled the leaves, the front yard dappled in shade. A pleasant drone of the occasional insect and birdsong float on the air. The traffic is next to nonexistent, so not even the sound of the odd car passing disturbs the peace of the morning. Warm, not hot, the breeze cool but not too cool. I could have stayed there all day but I didn't. I stayed to the end of the coffee pot and then I reluctantly got back at the to do list. It was a wonderful start to the day.  The kind of morning that unknots the shoulders, eases the mind and relaxes the soul. I relax all over again just remembering it.

Having drained the coffee pot, I moved on to actually doing some things. I made the trek to the basement. Its an adventure in my house, going to the basement. I do it as little as possible. Now I have the downspout hose attached to the corner of the house, (at last), a sure sign it may never rain again. I have the outside water tap turned on and all the things that needed to be hauled down to the basement have been hauled. Once that was done I made sure the kitchen was cleaned up and I was free to do whatever my heart desired.

I was going to start the table runner for Busy but as it is paper piecing I was not thinking ahead. I need to make copies of my pattern. I don't have a scanner any more and I have no money to pay for copies at a stationary store so I need to "borrow" the photocopier at work. No paper piecing for me today. Never lacking for a project I just moved down the list.  I cut out and drew up the blocks for a baby quilt I have been commissioned to make. I got right to work embroidering the characters onto the blocks. Remember how nice and tidy my sewing table was yesterday, well today it looks like this............normal.


Tomorrow is yard work day, laundry day and then I can get back at embroidering this baby quilt. Three day weekends are the best.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment