Tuesday 14 August 2012

Minutiae

Well the world has righted itself and all is well once again, I have my car back and its paid for and I can relax. I have always said there are two things I really cannot function without, one is the tv and the other is the car. Both of them are important to my  being a lot less than a complete basket case.

So far I have a day and a bit left of my vacation days. I have managed to busy myself whilst my wings were  clipped. I put aside the table runner for Busy for the moment and am currently working on one of the cutest baby quilts I have ever made. I cannot wait to share pictures which will be in a day or two. I just love it and I am thinking B will love it too. I may not have it ready to go to work on Thursday but I will get it done this week.

Last night all but two of the No Cook group went to see the latest Meryl Streep movie, Hope Springs. It was so good. I recommend going to see it. I loved the fact that they look like the people they are portraying. Wrinkles, flab and all. Nice to see normal looking people on screen playing their age. We went for coffee afterwards and then the Banker took me to Stupidstore for cat litter. An item that was getting to be of frantically desperate need in my house. I will have to be sure I have extra on hand in future, I can always feed her tuna if I run out of cat food but litter is another thing. She is so good to use her litter box I do not want her getting any other ideas.

This morning I sat on the veranda after breakfast and drank my coffee. Its such a lovely day today and veranda sitting is a perfect way to easy into the day. I have spent most of the rest of the day sewing on the quilt with a walk over to the local fabric store to pick up a bit more material and some fusible web. Fusible web seems to go missing in this house, I never seem to have any on hand. Then I went for may car, came home and struggled to order prints from the Birthday Bash on the Wallyworld photo site. We always have problems, that site and I. It never wants to upload all the pictures that I want it to. But after a struggle, I managed to get the photos I wanted uploaded and ordered. I will have prints to share on Friday. We are most of an age where we still like an actual picture.

Right how I am listening to the Best of Ed Sullivan on PBS and tripping down memory lane. Lots of really good music from my childhood on the tv. Makes me sing!!

Well I should get back to my quilt. I may have to post a picture of it before I quilt it just because it is so darn cute.

Toodles

Linda

PS

I got the top of the baby quilt sewn together today and I could not wait until it was quilted before I showed it off its so cute so here is the Funky Monkey Quilt



Close up of one monkey face, please ignore the thread hanging on his mouth, I missed trimming it off.


Cup cake center block. the pink and white cup cake top is made with polar fleece so its lovely and soft.

I cannot wait to get this little quilt quilted and ready to deliver.

Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment