Thursday 2 August 2012

Quiet Night In

It has been a quiet night here at the homestead. Did my usual, came home from work, had a nap/watched Young and the Restless. (Yes I started watching this soap again, shut up)  chatted on the phone with a couple of dear friends and made supper. Then I went crazy and cleaned up the kitchen, ran the dishwasher and bagged the garbage to take out in the morning. (Second week of the Quest and things are still looking pretty good.) I did a mending job for Teddy Bear and made up my "to do" list for the weekend. I usually do my list at work, during a quiet time but today there was no such thing.

The full moon and month end have combined this particular month and its more than a person can take. If only the general public that we deal with day after day knew what we really want to say to them, if only. But you can't, you have to be understanding, patient, polite and treat everyone with respect. Usually this is not hard but some days its nigh on impossible. You want to say "grow the hell up, and look after yourself", "the government is not your baby daddy", "I am not your Mother" or " You made those children, YOU need to step up, get a job, and care for them, financially if nothing else" but you can't. You chew your tongue and do your job and are so tired at the end of the day you just want to sit and stare at the wall. Oh well, this too shall pass. We will get through month end and things will settle down again for a moment until next month end and it will all go loopy again.

I am looking forward to the weekend, three days off will be lovely. No Cook Friday is what will get me through tomorrow and then the weekend will be the icing on the cake.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment