Monday 7 March 2016

A Day Late and More Than a Dollar Short

I really would like to post more than once a week but I need to find the time to do it and something interesting to blog about. Not an easy feat in my life. So for now it seems to be once a week, usually the weekend but this week I am late.

Not because I was doing all manner of wonderful things, I was just busy and never got a round to  it. Someone gave me a round "tuit" once but I lost it. Hmmm that explains a lot. I sat down Friday night after No Cook and perused the flyers. I had my grocery list and I searched out what was the cheapest at which store. Its not so hard to get around my city so even if you do have to hit every store, you are not spending a lot in gas to go hither and thither. I had a limited amount of grocery budget so I had to make it all count. I pulled it off!! I am not good with the budgeting. I wish I had inherited my beloved Mama's thriftiness instead of her arthritic knees. I didn't, I got the dodgy knees and no sense with money. So this is something I am working on now. Budget,budget, budget. |Looking for the best deal and trying not to spend more than I intend because I do that all the time.

Saturday morning, I ran errands, got groceries and manged to get home before 10:30 AM. Treated myself to a breakfast biscuit and coffee. (This budget thing is a learning process, I can't change over night.) I puttered around the house doing this that and the other until Teddy Bear tempted me away for coffee late in the afternoon. I got a lot done but as always I have lots more to do.

E and I went to see the ballet. It was performed by a Russian Ballet company and the interpretation of Giselle was incredible. Well at least that is what E said, who knows far more than I and is a harder sell.  I was impressed but I am an easy audience. I did not know the story so once I got home I was googling to see how close I was to figuring it out. Its not a complicated story line but I wanted more details. Thank goodness for Google.  I am always in total awe of the strength, and ease of movement of the dancers. For someone whose every move is wrapped in pain and stiffness, this fluidity is enviable to say the least.

Sunday I was painting the knobs for the little cabinet, cooking up stuff for lunches for the coming  week (Hamburger soup, chicken breasts for sandwich meat and rhubarb crisp) and still doing laundry. I am still making granny squares and I even snuck in a cat nap.


Literally a cat nap, Desi helps me out with this. Its like having a big warm furry blanket on you until he stands up and digs those big old paws into your rib cage. Good thing he is cute.

Then Teddy Bear and I went and saw Spotlight. It won best picture of the year, it was really well done. A horrible subject and that sort of topic always makes me horribly sad. Children should not have to be subjected to this sort of thing. They should be protected and loved and be safe. Its too sad.

Today its back to work. I get my hair cut this week, and am going to see Whisky Tango Foxtrot then of course No Cook Friday. In the mean time, I have mending to do for Teddy Bear, my income tax to file, a quilt to get delivered to the people its intended for, my book club email and some sewing to do for myself. Once I get some more paint, I can finish the little cabinet and then I can share some pictures.

This should keep me out of trouble.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment