Saturday 12 March 2016

Snippets on a Saturday

I should be in the kitchen putting away the groceries I bought this morning, loading the dishwasher and doing a general tidy. Not currently happening. I am savouring the last few sips of coffee and blogging, blissfully ignoring the chores that I should be doing. I will get at them in a moment, for now I am busy doing other things. Lollygagging if you will.

I finally got the latest completed quilt upstairs and convinced it to have a photo session. Not to mention convincing Lucy that I was not spreading it out for her personal use. Cats!! honestly. Please ignore any mess you see by the sides of the bed. One day I am going to get it tidied up but not today.


The blacks and grays are darker and richer than appear in the photo. This is a bit washed out but is the best I could do with my limited photographic skills. It gives you the idea though. (Pinterst is overflowing with great ideas for quilts).  I am currently working on another in the same pattern but in multi colours


I think its going to be very nice as well. (Modest little thing aren"t I ??) Every one of the large solid squares will be a different pattern. No two the same!! I am once again stash busting. I keep thinking I am using up my quilt stash but the collection keeps growing!!

One thing that is actually reduced, is my wool scraps. I have used all of the little bits and pieces of yarn and am now done making granny squares for now.


65 more to go to Michael's to be used for Blankets for Canada. 193 squares made in all. I am so pleased. I have rid my yarn stash of a ton of little balls of left overs, not enough to really do a project but too much to pitch out. This way they are going to be used and not end up hanging around the craft room for ever taking up space.

I am still painting on the little cabinet, but its proving to be a little bit of a challenge. I need a small can  of white paint. You used to be able to just go buy a can at a hardware store with no problem. Not any more. They have to be mixed or they don't have them. I checked Home Depot and Walmart. So far, no joy, I am going to try elsewhere at some point in the day. I don't want o have to pick a shade or tone of white, I just want white, dang it.



I had a small bit of  paint left from another project, so I got a first coat and part of a second on the cabinet but it needs another.  I have something else to paint white so I may just have to break down and get some white paint mixed. Crap!! I forgot to take "before" photos so picture this beige and with no legs. I also forgot to take "before" of these:


Picture these a very bright and gaudy gold. They will be the knobs on the cabinet doors once they are dry. I was going to buy something but instead I shopped the house and applies some spray paint. Cheap and cheerful!! Not to mention this is the third "new" life these knobs will be experiencing. Reduce, reuse, recycle.

This weekend I am going to finish the bumper pads and the Roman blind for the Wee Girl. I have been slack at getting them done and they need to be in her room. Busy has to actually make the blind so I need to get the cover to her. Wee Girl needs her room "stylin" She has her quilt so she needs to complete the ensemble.

Well I have lollygagged for long enough. I need to get at those weekend chores!!

Toodles.
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment