Sunday 13 March 2016

From Bumper Pads to Butterflies

Wow two posts in one weekend. What an oddity. I am not sure why but let's just go with it shall we?
My day started out with this little oddity:


When I opened my container of eggs they all looked fine until I pulled this one out. It was in the carton the other way round and looked very normal from above. Its a broken egg tucked inside a bigger egg shell. Someone had some time on their hands to hide a broken egg. made me say WTF.

I got working on the bumper pads for the Wee Girl. All done accept for the ties need to be sewn on. I had to do some juggling to make the material stretch to cover everything but I think it turned out all right.


It was a fun wrestling match for a good part of the afternoon but I am ever so happy that its done. I have other parcels to mail this coming weekend so I am hoping to send it sailing off to the Wee Girl then. I have all week to attach the ties.

The Banker called this afternoon, she and her Sweet Baboo are home from Mexico. We nipped out for a chatty coffee to catch up on all the news. Its nice to have her back again.

I have not got the blessed white paint yet. I had thought to do that today but like most of my Sunday shopping plans, it did not happen. I can go out for fun stuff like coffee but most other things get rescheduled. I did a test drive with the pulls. I like these little red babies. They don't look level but I am hoping that this is just a trick of the picture and will be level when the doors are installed. If I ever get the freaking paint.


Soup and sandwich stuff is made for the coming week. I have yet to make the crisp but I may do that yet tonight. Three weeks in a row I have done this lunch making lark. I am pleased I have managed to not talk myself out of it. I can do that so easily.

I was chatting with my neighbour today. He ownes the house where the Poop Monsters used to be.
He has moved back in which is very nice as he is a good neighbour. He was up on his roof and tells me he noticed that my shingles are bad. I said I know, the kitchen needs to be re done and he says "No I mean the main roof" Crap Crap Crappity Crap. Well I shall just hop out to the money tree in the back yard and fix that right up. Sigh. Its all part and parcel of owning a house. I knew that when I took it on. This too shall be fixed. Upside his yard is now poop free!! No more stink and my plants may survive the year as they are not going to be peed on on a regular basis. Other up side is he told me if I ever want to sell he would like to know first. His idea is that he would combine the two yards and take down his house. I am not ready to sell up yet but its nice to know he is interested.

I shall think about all the problems tomorrow. For now I am going to sneak in a quick nap, then spend the evening working on some butterfly puppets. Once they are done I need to get making some caterpillar puppets. I have not made one of those yet so its a challenge. Much easier to think up a puppet pattern than how to stretch the budget to new shingles.

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment