Sunday 28 February 2016

End of Play

Funny how your outlook just depends on the situation at times. On a normal work week, I look foreward to the weekend. Two whole days off sounds like a luxury and are greatly anticipated. Now when it was Friday this week, I was panicked, I wanted to stop time, ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT. I am sure I will get over it and manage to go back to work, but I shall not be incredibly happy about it. I never lost the Sunday night dread of school the next day that so many of us had. I really like to be at home.

I have enjoyed my two weeks off. I got some things done, did not do others. I am comfortable with the things I did manage to complete. I even did some things that I did not plan, like cleaning up the laundry room.  I am nearly done binding the black and gray quilt, I may get it done tonight but it will need washing and it will need to have its picture taken then I can send it off. I have the first coat of paint on the little cabinet I had made. I will share pictures when all is done.

I actually baked for book club. Cream Cheese Pound cake. I usually run to the grocery store for my contribution but this week I actually baked. I love my Kitchen Aid mixer!! Not to mention I had the makings on hand . I also made a rhubarb crisp. !! I am baking and its not even Christmas. Yikes.


I finished my scrap books. I have them embellished, journaled and all the pictures tucked nicely onto albums. The Maritime trip: One album per province, and I am sorry the picture is upside down. I have no idea why.


and the No Cook album is now the same. All done and dusted. I think from now on if I want to scrapbook I will do each year per album, unless its a special vacation or event.


I have stared yet another quilt, This one will go to the church at home. I have intended to have a quilt completed for this event but once again all I did was pave the road to hell with my good intentions.


Same pattern as the black and gray quilt just done in colours. I think its going to look rather nice and I plan to have the large solid squares each a different material.

I have done laundry until I look like it. I have washed bedding for three beds, blankets, quilts, towels, tea towels, cleaning rags, cat blankets and cat towels not to mention my own clothes. I tend to let some of this pile up and it was time to empty the hampers and wash the mountain if stuff.

I am sorting out magazines and passing them on or I am recycling them. I could use a few more weeks at home but duty calls tomorrow. I have made a big pot of chicken soup for lunches next week. I will do a pot of porridge tonight for breakfasts next week.  I think I am in good shape to face the coming week.

Give me strength!!

Toodles.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment