Saturday 26 March 2016

Saturday Catch Up

Its Easter weekend and I am at home. I have things to do, stuff to make and no money to go anywhere so it will be a weekend of doing things and making stuff. Not really a bad deal for me cause I do like doing that sort of thing.

Yesterday I allowed myself a "do nothing" day, I could sleep in and if I felt like laying on the couch all day that would be ok. Well in  my usual perverse way, I got some stuff done. I did sleep in as long as I could until Desi went off and decided he was going to expire from hunger any second. So I got up, fed him, fed Lucy (who is more interested in attention in the morning than food) and then fed me.

Before I could think to hard about it I then knuckled down and got making the Roman Blind for the Wee Girl. Don't want the poor little miss graduating from high school before her Great Aunt gets her nursery decor finished. I just got at it, which is a trick I know about myself. Don't think, just do. I can get more done that way sometimes.




In no time at all it was under construction. This is fussy sewing, constant thread changes and careful maneuvering around curves but its a lot of fun. The end result is so stinking cute too.


I am rather proud of this little nursery set. I only had a picture to go off of but I think it has turned out really nice. The Teacher and Busy picked out some super cute material and I am rather fond of owls so its all been good.


And now my part is finished. I will bundle this up and get it in the mail to Busy. (Grandma gets to actually make the blind). I just was in charge of the owls. All I have to do now, is sew the ties on the bumper pads and then get them sent off  to the Wee Girl.


They already have her quilt, I managed to get that to them at Christmas time. One  Hoots Hollow nursery set is completed. On to the next quilt project.


Oh Ido love to make baby stuff!!

I got all ambitious and tried another one of those Pinterest cakes. This one was a cake mix, a pie filling and three large eggs. I happened to have a lemon cake mix and a blueberry pie filling on hand so I tried it



It smelled delicious as it was baking. The colour of the cake is maybe a bit off putting because its yellow and blue mixed together, however, it tastes really really good. I will make it again but this time I will try a different pie filling, peach or apple and see how that goes. I have just become cake baker these days. They are so easy and quick its worth it and I do like to have a little something after a meal now, or with a cup of tea in the afternoon.


Today I will be sewing on the Church quilt once I get off the computer. I was out already this morning and got cat food and WHITE PAINT at last. Now I can finish my cupboard project. I have had breakfast and am now ready to get on with the rest of the day.  Teddy Bear and I are going to see "Youth|" tonight at the theater, until then I will sew on this, the donation quilt for my church at home


and maybe do some work on the kitchen. (My kitchen always needs to be worked on). I have many things I could do but we will see how the day flows. As I said before sometime I get more done if I don't think too much. The cats have been fed, Lucy has retired to the upper level and Desi is parked in his sunbeam


Its a nice quiet day here. I think I will plant myself at the sewing machine and get to work on that quilt. I am sure it will be time to leave for the show in no time. Time evaporates when I am working on a quilt. Its magic.

Hope your day is going well.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment