Thursday 4 June 2015

Thursday Whatzits

Got up this morning and my blood sugar was at its very best its been in the morning for sometime so I hot footed it to the lab for my blood work. As I have a Dr appointment next week this should make my Doctor a happy camper. WE are working on getting me healthier and one half of our team struggles with doing all that she should do. Sigh.

I must admit that I have been feeling so much better these days, more alive and not so much of a slug. I want to do stuff, I am making plans and although the follow through is still terribly slow, I am at least showing interest in stuff. For so long I could have cared less about anything that this new "making plans" is quite refreshing. Lists of things to do are piling up all over the place !!

I have done a few things, I have started to work on the next quilt. It looks alot like the last quilt I made you say, well yes it does but this time I am using a plain and a print where the last one was two prints


This has proved to be a popular pattern and colour scheme for me. Its more contemporary than a traditional quilt pattern and seems to appeal to a broader audience.  This quilt is headed to my office to be used as a fund raiser for our social committee. I got almost half of it sewn up yesterday. I am not working on it today as I have other stuff I need to do. Quilting can consume me and its all I would do if I let myself. This should not take long to get done. It goes together quickly and is easy to quilt. Its Number Four on the list of what is now seven quilts I need to make so far this year.

I finally painted the little crate I have on my veranda. I found it somewhere, either a yard sale or a second hand store and decided it would work as a little table between  two chairs. Here is what it looked like after I peeled all the wallpaper off of it that someone had rather sloppily stuck all over it.


Here is what it looked like after I painted some of it and made a top for it. I had made the top some time ago but never got around to painting the crate. I decided against painting the whole thing as I sort of like the look of it this way. Plus there is a company stamp on one shelf that would have been lost if it was painted.


The colours are deeper and brighter on the top but I have yet to learn how to truly use my camera so its a bit washed out. It works perfect as a place to set a cold drink or a coffee when one is resting on the veranda of a Sunday morning.


My next outdoor project is to get the shed painted for once and all. Then I need to figure out how I am going to hang some things on it. I cannot wait to get it done. I have never been fond of the brown
colour of my shed, even before I moved into the house. Stay tuned and I may just have something fun to show in the near future!!

Puppet production remains on schedule and going full swing, I managed to get some of the fun fur yarn so I could finish an possum order. Eight little possums all in a row, already sold and ready to go. The lady who got me started on making puppets for the university ordered these to give as gifts. She is going to fill jars with treats and cover them with an "Awesome Possum" and give them to people who have helped her out over the years.


I am sad that this fuzzy fun fur yarn has been discontinued. It could mean the end of my possum and porcupine puppets unless I can figure out something else to use for hairy quills. These little piggies are ready to head to market, they are slated for the big craft sale in October. There are more of them in the basket but you cannot see them in this picture.


I not only make puppets, I make stuffies as well. These two are destined for a dear friend, she wants them for her granddaughter. I think they are rather cute, but then I think most things I make are cute so I am not a reliable source.


I may have to make one of these for my collection.


Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment