Tuesday 23 June 2015

Pinterest and Poverty

I was going to post about my birthday, expound wisely about growing older and learning new lessons everyday, being grateful for all my blessing but I think I will save that for another day. I am not in the mood to be all wise and profound. Lets just say this, I am grateful for having another birthday and all the blessings that come with it.

I do feel like sharing my latest results from a recent of a burst of creativity. I moved the loom out and whether it sells or not its not coming back into the house. It can go in the shed if needs must. As a result, I had an empty spot in my house, which will never do. I need storage, I always need storage  and my first thought was ...... buy a cupboard, then I though get a pie safe made. Then I remembered I have no spare money so I had to figure out something else. I really need to work on not having my first thought to be  "SPEND MONEY"

THis chest of drawers was in the shed. Its free and its solid wood, not to mention its already a cool colour. Also in the shed,  I found this top off an old buffet in the rafters. It had possibilities.


I gave the thing a good scrub, washed, primed and painted the inside of the drawers. then stripped the paint off the top.



Once the wood was naked,  I stained it and varnished it. I think its oak but since I have little to no knowledge of what wood is what, I could not swear to it. Whatever tree gave its life for this, it came out really nice.


I then spray painted the drawer pulls red. I was going to get new ones but that fell into the "no spare money" category, spray paint it is. I had all  the supplies on hand so no money was used at this time for this project. The paint, stain, and varnish were all from other projects.


I cut down the buffet top to fit.  I did plan to stain it to match but that was not going to work. it would be darker than the top. What to do, what to do,  I grabbed the red spray paint and hey presto:


Now instead of a loom that I was not using I have extra storage in my front entry. It cost me nothing and I really really like the look of it.


doing a little happy dance!! Pinterest and poverty, the mothers of creativity.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment