Friday 12 June 2015

Doing a Little Happy Dance

So this week has been Doctor's appointments. Dr Arrogant (the surgeon) inspected my leg this week after a month's absence and pronounced it much improved. I still have to go every day for dressing changes but he does not want to see me for a month. This slow and steady road I am on is coming to an end, thank heaven. I was so wanting him to say I did not need to go every day but if this is the program that is working its best to stick with it.

Then I saw Dr Wait and See, my GP, and he was very happy with me. All my numbers are the best that they ever have been but I am low on B12. I need to get taking that but otherwise I am to keep up the good work!!

BEST BEST BEST result of all came out of the blue. In amongst the praise of how well I was doing , of course, he mentioned my never ending battle with my weight. He thought I had lost some and I knew I had lost 30 pounds over my hospital stay and that maybe I had gained a little back but I should still have been in the good. Moment of terror as "WE" got on the scale. I got on and promptly nearly fell off them, gone was 61 pounds since December!!! Drunken Monkey Dance of Joy!!!  Double check the numbers!! Get off the scale and get on again, just incase I maybe did not get on them all the way the first time. Same number. If I could do back flips I would have done one. I am a truly happy bunny.

SO I am to to keep up the good work, and I really want to because I am very sick of dragging this excess around with me. It all helps, lose the weight, pain lessens in the joints, I can move easier, I feel better, I fit better. Its such a domino effect. Some day I will do an entire blog post on how being over weight effects even the simplest things in life. But not today, today I am happy happy happy and I just want to savor the victory.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment