Sunday 7 June 2015

Perfect Sunday

Coffee on the veranda, gentle breeze in the leaves, wafting lilac perfume under my nose every now and then. Sun shining, lawn mowers humming away here and there on the street. That special quiet a that can almost lull you into feeling that you are in a small town not a city. Days like this are the best. On days like this I could veranda sit non stop.


Hard to see in this picture but my lilacs are blooming like crazy, filling the yard with their delicate perfume. These poor bushes badly need to be trimmed. I meant to do it last fall but it did not happen. Its on the list to be done this year once the blooms are finished.

The kittens are enjoying the day as much as I am. Every one is snoozing away, because lazy summer Sundays were just made for napping.


I have been puttering, After I pried myself off the veranda, no easy feat let me tell you, I decided today was the perfect day to work on the puppet inventory. Sewing in the little inserts into the neck of the critters is my least favourite job connected with making the puppets but it has to be done. I have a number of puppets made and before I get too far ahead of myself  I need to do the inserts. Today is a perfect day for this. I finally got some old t shirts to make the inserts so there is no more excuses.

These little guys were first up for finishing. Its a Porcupine Palooza.


These cuties are an endangered species. The yarn I use for the quills has been discontinued and unless I can find a replacement, Percy the Porcupine may go the way of the Dodo bird. This happy little troop is headed to the big craft sale in October. I have a small stash of the quill yarn so I can make a few more but it makes me sad, these little guys are super cute and one of my more popular puppets.

I have been to the hospital for my dressing change and upon my return I found Princess Diva dropping me off a star form to mosaic tile. I have the loveliest of friends I really do. I need to get my shed painted and then mover forward with my plan!! I hope I can make it work.

Well I had best get back to the inserts.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment