Sunday 31 May 2015

Its Dog - apaloopza

Having no bread in the house this morning I decided to go out a get a bagel and coffee for my Sunday breakfast. It was a lovely quiet morning, birds singing, breeze blowing. Just the perfect peaceful Sunday morning. That was until I got back home.

Stepping out of the car, heading back into the house with my coffee and bagel in hand, the two dogs in the house to the south of me got let out for their morning poop. They reacted like dogs do when they see someone in what they think is their space, they went ballistic. Which caused the three dogs in the yard next to them to join in the fray. To my greatest joy the new dog in the house just on my north side, added his frantic vocals to the mix. Just to keep things going the five dogs across the street added their bit to the chorus. 10 dogs barking can put an instant halt to the quiet of a Sunday morning. They do an number on ones nervous stability and all I can say is once again its a good thing I am not a screamer or I would have been part of the dawn chorus. I bet the rest of the neighbours were very happy I decided to go out for breakfast this day.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind dogs and I know they bark. I object to them barking their heads off early in the morning. I am also not fond of big dogs lunging and barking at the fence when I am on the other side, when the fence is short enough for them to clear with little to know effort. So you can imagine I am thrilled to bits to have a new big dog on the other side of me. Come on lottery money, Mama needs a new fence!!

Up until the noise riot this morning, the weekend has been wonderful. Those No Cook Friday friends of mine are so much fun to hang around with. We had a lovely time Friday night at supper. After supper we went to the Banker's house for an "old lady" birthday party. Kit Kat and the Baker both had birthdays this month. We wore hats, drank punch and ate birthday cake. We had china tea cups, fancy dishes and gold cutlery. We had so much fun!!!

Then Saturday we were up and at it with our garage sale. Garage sales are a lot of work but they can be a lot of fun. We got rid of a ton of stuff and what was left can be set out again for the second sale the Banker will have in July. She is moving in with her Sweet Baboo and will need to get rid of some excess furniture and household goods from both places. MAYBE this next time that blessed loom will sell!!! Grrrr!! We laughed, talked, teased, chatted and goofed around with the customers and with each other. We had a steady stream of people coming for the whole day and stuff sold nicely. All in all it was a great.

Once we closed up shop we added up out takings and celebrated our new wealth with coffee and a delicious rhubarb pie the Sailor brought. Teddy Bear ran me up to the hospital and then KitKat joined us for supper out. By the time I got home I was tired, happy and $40.00 richer, not bad considering most of my stuff was not more than a $1.00.

Today I have chores to do and some painting to do. Lots of projects on the "to do" list and I have been putting them off for far to long. Whether or not that loom of mine sells, it is not coming back into this house. Its for the shed if its still mine in July which means the shed needs to be cleaned out. The chest of drawers I found in there needs to be cleaned, painted and moved into the house. I have given up my dream of a pie safe cupboard for the entry and have settled on the "free" chest of drawers I already have. I have to start to budgeting if I am going to pay for all I need to do.

Right time to get my arse moving.

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment