Sunday 1 June 2014

Lovely Weekend or I Don't Want To Go To Work Tomorrow

Why are weekends only two days long?? I think they should flip them, five days off and then work for two with the same or even a bigger wage!! WHOOT WHOOT, I could go for that. Well, since I do not live it an alternate universe, the weekend is two days, its nearly over but its been a very good one in which even some work at home was accomplished.

Friday Night No Cook, of course, wa filled with silly giggles, fun times, good food and good friends. Laughing until tears stream down you face is the very best way to end a stressful work week. I highly recommend it. Our little No Cook group has been going for 5 years and we all hate to miss out on being together for our Friday nights.

Saturday, The Banker, Kit Kat and I made a date to go garage saling. Teddy Bear joined us after she was finished her weekly breakfast with her other friends. Oh my, we had a great time. Laugh laugh laugh!! finding great bargains, getting lost, poking fun at each other, indulging in a super lovely lunch at one of the best places in town. More yard sales then ending the day in Teddy Bear's kitchen with a cold drink and more chatting. I love this sort of a day. I like to look for deals and inspiring finds and I have gotten so good at not buying all sorts of junk. I like it even better when I have great friends to share it with.

I have no pictures to show because I still cannot find the charger for my camera and I have not gotten to the store to get a new one. I never even got groceries this weekend, too busy yesterday and too lazy today. At the yard sales I got some odds and ends like a cookie tin and a veggie tray which were 25 Cents and 10 cents each , so no heartbreak if I take them someplace and they do not come home. I got a lovely little stained glass candle older that looks like a little lamp. I got a purse made out of recycled seat belts for 25 cents. It needs a little cleaning but since they sell for over $100. I am doing the happy dance, I have wanted one for a long time. I got a couple of pieces of rug canvas which means now I can try out locker hooking, a plant for the flower bed and a tv tray. The tv tray will be mosaic tiled and used outside by the barbecue. I was going to use another table for that but I like the other table where it sits at the moment. Its handy to put the laundry basket on when I am hanging out clothes. My $1.00 tv tray will be fine to use on the patio. I also got a lovely acrylic tray which will be super for fruit and dip.( $2.00 ) I picked it up and looked at it three times before I decided it need to come home with me. I got a wooden bottle divider which would sit in a crate but it does not have its crate anymore, what it has is it has is lots of possibilities. I think that was all. I doubt I spent $12.00 and I had an entire day of fun fun fun!!

Today I FINALLY got the lawn mowed. I have decided to do the yard work like I have been doing the house work lately, a little at a time. SO today I mowed the lawn, weed whacked and then washed down some of the veranda furniture, swept the sidewalk and had a chat with the nieghbour. He is a nice young man, I am going to be sad to see him go when he sells his house. He is going to take my portable air conditioner that I no longer want and leaks. He thinks he can fix it and I want to get one that does not need to be emptied over night. I want a continuous running one. Tomorrow night I hope to get the front flower beds dug up. I want to plant this coming weekend. I think I am going to paint some of the plant pots this year, give them a bit of a brightening up. Gnorm the Garden Gnome may get a paint job too. Poor baby is so sun faded its tragic. I think I will paint him solid colour and see what he looks like. You can paint anything!!

My back flower bed is at a point where I need to start from scratch. The little plant I bought at a yard sale, will turn into a bush. So out goes the half dead spirea bush in the back yard and in goes the new plant with high hopes that it will grow up lovely!! So many poor plants died over the last two winters. I have finally figured out where to move the lily of the valley!! I love that stuff but its invasive. I am scared its going to choke out my lovely hostas.

I have been making baby blankets and plotting big plans for the yard this weekend. I am  looking foreward to getting the pad under the kitchen window made. It will eliminate a lot of weeds and allow the barbecue to sit level. I should paint the bench that is out there too. It all lovely chippy paint but I think its too chippy now and it needs to be saved. just have to figure out what  colour to paint it. Its green at the moment, like the trim on the house. Needs a change. I will consult The Banker, she is always good for an idea.

I will get a camera charger and I will be sharing before and after pictures as these little projects get done!!

So that is my weekend in a nutshell. I am not sharing how the work week went. It was Craptastic. I am more and more getting to the point where going to work to day is losing its charm. I am getting too old to deal with all this drama. I want quiet, puttering around the house, setting my own schedule. Ah if wishes were horses.......


Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment