Sunday 15 June 2014

The Power of a Good Pout

I should be at home this weekend, celebrating Busy's retirement, seeing the family, getting some Tater Tot smooches (little man has learned to give kisses and I want some!!) but schedules, financing and life in general got in the way. I could not make it and I feel bad, I would have liked to have been there. So as I usually do I took the mature route and I am pouting because I can't do it all when I want to do it. There is a silver lining in this pouting malarky, one just has to channel that pouty energy into positive busy-ness and things happen baby, things get done!!

So that is what I did, because I even annoy myself when I am pouting, I got at things. Kit Kat has wanted to go to a local flea market since it started up but she has had no one to go with. As I was at loose ends, we went together. I managed to buy a lovely big basket, a wooden pencil box and a little wire shelf that I am going to paint and see if it will work in my bedroom to hold some of growing egg cup collection. I will post pictures later. We also went to the green house and I got the last of my marigolds, Kit Kat got some plants for her place but could not find a piece of statuary she wants. I did, they have the cutest pig statues for a garden that I covet, covet, covet, but they are $169.99 EACH and that is just out of the question, now and in the foreseeable future. Two three foot tall pig gent and his lady, all dress in their Sunday best and I WANT THEM!! ( I can be childish, in case you didn't know that). I should have taken a picture of them. I will if they are still there when I go again. We stopped at the hardware store for spray paint as I have old plant pots that need a refresh and a garden gnome that is so pale he is almost a ghost.  Lunch was consumed and then we parted ways.

I just got in the door and the plumber dude called to say he could FINALLY come do my taps. WHOOPEE no more drip, drip drip of money going down the drain in the kitchen. So this:


now looks like this:

I decided that since I have always not liked the original taps, I would change it out for ones that I did like. I bought the new set some time ago, thanks to some puppet sales and I have to say I love it. I like the high curved faucet. While I had the plummer in my clutches and had this set of taps waiting to be installed since I had the ones in the upstairs bathroom changed, I had him turn this:


into this


Now the two bathrooms have the same taps. Yes,yes that is very important!! I like the look of these. To me they look old and match the house.  He had a horrible time in the bathroom, its tiny and the sink is even tinier so it was a horrid job to get this switched out. Since I tiled the wall into the sink, he could not remove the sink without breaking the tile. Poor man had a hard time getting his hand up where it needed to be. OOPS. Never thought of that when I was tiling.

While he was slaving in the house, I was outside changing things. Getting stuff done while I had my pout on. Where there once was a blank space:



There is now a new flowering weigela bush and some dainty marigolds as filler. The bush is tiny but I have high hopes it will grow and flower beautifully in a year or so.


The petunias are still in their store containers and waiting me to get some soil hauled from the back yard to the front so they can get planted in Mom's wash tub. That may just happen sometime today. I planted the last of the bedding plants and even planted window boxes this year. I did not bother with them last year and I missed them


And I did my usual thing and plopped a hanging basket in the piggy planter by the step. I like the way it looks. This little piggy is also going to get a new coat of paint once the sun comes out of hiding and the weather is cooperative with outdoor painting.


The last job is this mess:


This assortment of lilies popped up when I removed the wood chips that covered my front lawn and planted the grass. I do not like them. It looks messy. They will be removed in due course and hostas will be planted in their place. I have a hosta I can split from the back yard and two new ones waiting patiently to be planted. I think I have room for 5 but the remainder will have to wait until the cash begins to flow again. Ignore all the trees growing in the front lawn. I cannot keep on top of pulling them out and they are everywhere!! Little bastards.

I turned this poor sad little table that lives on the back step and holds my laundry basket for me, from this


into this:


The tile was given to me and I used an old board for the top. It just sits on the top but it has freshened the old table up and it will stand up to the weather much better now. That window leaning up against the wall will one day be a picture frame and the electronics are waiting The Banker to come with her Sweet Baboo's truck and carry them off to the dump. Several of the No Cook Group have stuff to go to the dump so she is going to do a big run for us.

I have been doing some sewing and the other general housework stuff one does on the weekend. I will share the photos as these things get done. I have some mending to do for some of the ladies at work. That should be my day, I would like to dig the lily bed out and I should finished the last three pots but we will see how it goes.

So that is the up side of pouting!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment