Saturday 21 June 2014

A Burst of Productivity

This weekend started out as the majority of my weekends do, with Friday Night No Cook. The Banker is off vacationing with her Sweet Baboo, The Teacher had to baby sit her grandchildren, and Cupcake Lady came for supper but had to leave us for a social, so it was Teddy Bear, Kit Kat, the Sailor and I who went on for coffee and giggles. We did not linger as long as we usually do, everyone was tired as its been a hectic week. Still it was good to all be together.

This morning, I got up, went and picked up breakfast, and then made a plan of action for the rest of the day. I had my "To Do" list but I had to organize what was going to happen when. In a burst of productivity. a short burst but things were accomplished, this lily bed:


was finally dug up and turned into this at long last:


The lily plants are all stuffed into a garbage bag and actually made it to the dumpster, unlike the dogwood bush which is still under the kitchen window in a tub. But joy of joys, the hostas that I bought a while ago are firmly planted in there new homes. I have a hosta that I will be moving from the back flower bed  but my burst of productivity did not last that long. I cannot tell you how happy I am that this is finally done. I need to put some edging in and then plant some more grass. The lawn shape has changed now I have been digging things out and putting new in. I will not mention that the lawn need mowing but that is a Sunday job in my mind, for some reason. The little garden statuary is a garage sale find that cost me $2.00. Its been living under the kitchen table for the last year or more, waiting for me to finally do this. The last of the inpatients plants are in their pots and tomorrow I will finish the rest of the planting, maybe, hopefully.........we will see.

I rounded out the day with cleaning the kitchen and starting the laundry. Some veranda sitting was also done in-spite of the mosquitoes which are currently swarming everywhere in clouds. Yuck!! No donations made it to the local charity shop, the boxes are still in the kitchen. One of these days!!

I am now going to start on the back flower bed and work at getting it cleaned u but I think that that will be done little by little over the next week. I am hoping to get some of the painting done tomorrow. You never know I may just burst out again!!

Toodles,
Linda 


No comments:

Post a Comment