Saturday 7 June 2014

AND THERE WAS YARD WORK!!

Yes, yes, yes, a miracle took place and I actually got some yard work done. I even took some pictures but they are on my phone and I don't know how to transfer them. I managed to transfer one to facebook so I have one lonely little picture to share.  My camera charger is still at large. I give up, I am going to have to go buy one so I can find the old one. It always happens, we all know it but I digress. Yard work. There has been progress and this make me happy.

I did goof off a a bit this morning, I went got my usual breakfast biscuit and coffee, then I sat on the veranda and watched the summer fair parade get ready out on my street, drinking said coffee. It was a perfectly beautiful day to day, sunny, cool, perfectly perfect. On my street this morning, there were dancing girls, cowboys, nursery story characters, dogs of all sorts and lots of men in kilts with bagpipes. I totally thought Sir Barks A Lot was going to burst a blood vessel with all those other animals and people to bark at. I was going to work in the yard but I put it off until the street cleared. No point in having an audience while I grunt and sweat my way around.

The Sailor stopped over to borrow the miter saw. Once that was accomplished I could put it off no longer. Out came the garden tools and I got stuck in. So far the front flower beds are dug up, the weed whacking has been done and the variegated dogwood bush that I innocently killed with weed killer has been removed from the front corner. See all gone:

I will replace the poor dead dogwood with another bush of some sort. I want a flowering one of some kind.  I need to get some more grass seed and get the hostas put in. Speaking of hostas I also need to get my bedding plants, I have to go shopping. I have a list and I am hoping to get some tomorrow.

I admit my yard is very small, and this did not take all that long and I do not do the best job but I am so happy to at least have started. There is still a lily bed to dig out and replace with some lovely and yet unpurchased hostas. The lilac bushes need trimming and weeding. I have "new to me" wood chips to put down but I got started and in Linda Land that is a very big deal. If I could be on my knees, this all would be so much easier but I just can't. It is way too painful and if I got down, I may never get up again. So I do a little, rest a little, do some more and it works.

Tomorrow I hope to paint some plant pots, weed whack the heck out of the back section of the yard where I park my car. Its weedtopia back there. I hope to get a start on some of the flowers as well. I need to check out how much spray paint I have and what colours. I need to grit my teeth and actually go out on a Sunday and get some supplies.I need to do a lot but anyone wanna place bets on me talking myself out of shopping on a Sunday??? Anyone??

Teddy Bear and I met The Hostess today for coffee. Oh, it was so nice to see her. We had a lovely visit. She is eagerly waiting the birth of her second grandchild. She is also starting to do some renos at her new house. We chatted away a couple of hours in no time before she had to move on to her next visit. Teddy Bear and I lingered over coffee then went our separate ways.

I, now need to figure out what I am going to do for the rest of the evening. I did have one plan but I am not in the mood and for that project you have to be in the mood because I want it to be the best that it can be. So now I am at a loss. Certainly not that there is not plenty to be done. Its just a matter of figuring out where to start.

I think I 'll start with a cup of tea

Toodle
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment