Saturday 28 June 2014

List - Less

Ok it was the week from hell and I managed to get through it. Caseloads out of control, budget changes and month end all rolled into one. Not to mention my work buddy took this week off , which meant double duty for me, I thought I would snap in half. Crack like crystal hitting cement, go postal, complete and utter mental breakdown. At the beginning of the week, I gave myself a talking to. The difference between a disaster and an adventure is attitude, so I swore I would go to my happy place, keep a positive attitude and not let the situation overwhelm me. It was HARD!! The older I get the less tolerance I have for things but I hung onto my calm, my self control and I made it through the week but I am/was tired. I did not have to ask anyone to help me, I got the cheques out, people dealt with and phone calls returned. Beat me down to a rubbery pulp. Not much done around home this week, all my energy went into my work day and dealing with the public. The needy, duck pecking you to death public................happy place, go to your happy place...............

So this morning I did not exactly jump out of bed. It fact I woke, snoozed, read, snoozed and then got up. I went to the coffee place, got breakfast biscuits and coffee for me, came back home and thought about the day. WHAT THE HECK WAS I GOING TO DO????????? I have to admit, I am without a "to do" list this weekend. EEK!!! I am never without a list. I decided that groceries were non-negotiable, they had to be gotten. That I did, in the hot, humid, soup of a day that we are having. Came home and decided I was done. No list to guide me, I was tired, sweaty, burnt out, I gave myself permission to do nothing for the rest of the day. I did strip the bed, wash the sheets and run the dishwasher but apart from that I settled into a day of knitting and working on my quilt.

Then Mamabug called!! Mamabug who sent me my lovely birthday flowers which are still looking gorgeous more than a week after their delivery:


Anyway she was in town and at loose ends so we met for lunch. I was so happy to see her and it gave me a chance to get Ladybugs quilt squares to her. We had a lovely lunch and a gossip. Good conversation, good food, good friend, I like this sort of a day. After lunch she asked if I wanted to go to the movies that is if I had nothing else to do, which I didn't, so off we went. It was  a lovely way to spend the day. She headed home to the other Bugs after Tom Cruise was done saving the world. It was a nice, relaxing way to spend a wet gloomy Saturday. It did a lot  to recharge my batteries and regain my steam after a rough week.

Tonight, I made a little list of things to do tomorrow, sort of to set the world back on track. I don't function well without my lists. I actually have two, one if it rains and one if its nice enough to do some yard work. I know for sure I will not be running errands tomorrow, its Sunday. I usually talk myself out of going shopping on Sundays. I have Monday off and Tuesday is a holiday so I have four days to get recharged!! BRING IT ON!!!

For now I am headed to bed. I have some stuff to get done tomorrow!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment