Sunday 8 June 2014

LAZY LAZY SUNDAY

Well you could have taken my bet yesterday. Did I go shopping to day? NOPE, totally talked myself out of it when I found a second can of tuna fish in the pantry this morning. Second can of tuna means the cat has something to eat and then I promptly talked myself into staying home. I can make do but Minou is not going to be make to suffer because I have Sunday issues.

Another beautiful day, sunny, cool, gentle breeze. I parked my butt on the veranda and lazed away a good part of the day watching the world go by. A friend stopped by with a scrabble game she had purchased at a yard sale for me. Then Mamabug stopped in for a short moment to pick up Babybug's quilt. It was lovely to see her even if it was only for a few minutes. Finally that poor little man has his quilt. I hang my head in shame that he did not get it earlier.Now if I can get LadyBug caught up on her birthday story quilt blocks I will feel so much better about myself. I am not even going to talk about the second quilt I was going to make for The Tater Tot. ARGUE!! I need to retire, I need more time to do my projects. Teddy Bear popped in to borrow my wall mop and we had a chat. Lots of company today which is wonderful.

Today I did no more yard work, I did not go shopping and I did not do a lot of the things I had planned. Partly I was not in the mood and partly I was not feeling on top if my game. Maybe actually doing some work yesterday shocked my system. Ah well, I did strip the bed, washed the sheets and mattress cover, then I plan to make it up with the cotton sheets. The flannelette can finally go for a rest and the cotton can come out for their season. The mattress cover is drying on the clothes line even now. My bed is gonna smell so good tonight. Lavender and fresh air, yum!! I use lavender sachets in my linens. I am feeling more like my old self this afternoon. My story is that I needed this day on idleness for my mental health......for my peace of mind.........or maybe just cause I could.

I did some more tiling on the table that lives on the back step. I took a before picture with my old camera so I will share the before and afters when I get it grouted and then it can be outside. Once its completed, I will take to tiling the tv table for the patio.

 Ah well there is always tomorrow.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment