Saturday 24 May 2014

Saturday Stuff

So thanks to Mother Nature granting us more rain and then turning this afternoon into a hot humid mess my lawn remains unraked. I have now decided its not gonna get raked. I will mow it, thereby mulching the leaves and it will all be good. Up side three tulips bloomed today and the lilac bushes burst forth in greenery. The little bushes I planted on either side of the front gate are turning green and this also makes me happy. I was concerned that they had died over the winter. The dogwood is truly dead in the corner but I am hoping to dig it out and replace it with something else. The peonies are pushing through the dirt and this makes me very happy. I love to see the things turn green. I just wish I was more ambitious and liked to garden more. I would be very good at bossing someone else as to what to do. I could supervise the hell out of that yard.

Other good news is that my plan to do a little house work each day in the hope of getting my house back to being fit for public consumption, its working!! While far from perfect its at the point where I would not have to die should someone come to the door, I could let them in. I just need to keep it up. I have to admit this has me doing a bit of a happy dance.

Today was bits of housework, knitting and tiling the top for a table I have outside on the back porch. It still needs to be grouted but I am happy with the outcome. I originally thought I would move it to where the barbecue is once the patio pad is in place but I may change my mind. Its a handy spot to put the laundry basket when you are hanging things on the clothes line. If I can find another little table at a garage sale that I can fix up for the new "patio" I may leave this one right where it is.

I was supposed to go visiting with the Bugs tomorrow but as always in my life, plans change and flex with very little input from me. Hopefully we can arrange to do it another day. Poor Baby Bug has yet to get his quilt.

Well I should get off this thing and go tend to some things before the rest of the evening slips away. Maybe I will even find my camera battery charger, a little item which is stubbornly eluding me at the moment. I need it because a Linda without a working camera is just not a happy Linda

Toodle,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment