Sunday 27 April 2014

Shoulda

Today feelings like one of those days, the sort of day when you shoulda been doing so much more than you actually did. Oh well, the world did not come to an end and no one died in the process so I am just gonna move on. I can't change the day now. Its almost time to go to bed!!

Wonderful fun time with the No Cook Group on Friday night. We actually ate in a convenience store at a gas station. It felt a little funny sitting in the middle of a convenience store, right there between the drinks coolers and the racks of chips, having supper but the food was good. We have a great time no matter where we go!!

Saturday was groceries, errands and then home to do some house work. I spent the rest of the afternoon quilting. I am working on the applique butterfly quilt and loving every minute of it. Its really old and the backing is made from flour sacks. You can almost see the house dresses the butterflies came from. Little scraps of everyday used to make a quilt.


I am almost half done the quilting part. Its just a double bed size and I am not sure where I will use it but I know its like the saw toothed star quilt,(made by the same lady) I wanted  to bring it to completion. Make it the quilt it was intended to be. This one I get to keep as payment for quilting the other.

Last night, Teddy Bear, Kit Kat, Pooh Bear an I went to see the movie Philomena. I had seen it before but they had not. It is well worth seeing twice. This movie makes you laugh and makes you cry. Its a good movie to see. We of course went for coffee afterward. Part of the fun of going to a movie with friends is going for coffee and dissecting the movie afterward.

Today I slept late, I was up to all hours reading Love Anthony.  (Such a good book ). Reading to the wee hours means I slept late. Today I had planned to do laundry, clean the litter box, hang the pictures in the entry way, touch up the paint in the stairs, move the linen cabinet back into the upstairs hall and take out all the recycling. WELLLL so far I hung a few pictures. I did two loads of laundry and made supper. I have been quilting and then I had an hour and a half nap on the couch. Not much on my to do list got scratched off today I can tell you.

Its grey and gloomy here to day. My mind is restless and my thoughts are more sad than happy. Not sure what is up but I am still easily moved to tears. Slightly depressed and sad. I think its hormones. I wish it would take off, this wet blanket that has descended on me. I am done with feeling this way. I am ready for it to be done and gone. I also think that the weather, which is damp and grey, and makes me ache and slow to move, does not help my over all sense of contentment. I am getting tired of that as well. I long to be able to move with ease that I think I can when I am sitting. When I sit, I feel I can do all I could do before these aches and pains latched onto me. When I stand up, its a different story. I hate all the pills I take, I wonder at times if they do anything at all, or are they just a pacifier the doctor gives me to make me think they are doing something.

It is what it is. My belly aching about it will not change things. I have to change things. I just need to find the way and the will. 

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment