Saturday 19 April 2014

What I Did on My Easter Vacation

For those of you that may not know this yet, I love my days off. Love, love, love them!! I took four days of vacation with the Easter stat days we get and factoring in weekends, it works out to 10 days off. This makes me a happy bunny. The Carpenter and Busy are off helping The Pilot work on his house so he can get it onto the market, no Easter get together. This is something which worked for me. As much as I would love to see them, it meant I would be staying home and I could work on some projects of my own. Once I got the momentum going, I could carry on.

So here is a pictorial essay of what I did on my Easter vacation. I finished the sawtooth star quilt:


My entry way got a coat of paint. It went from '80's shiny silver wallpaper:


because the Banker came over and helped me do this:


Now my entry way looks all fresh and clean, painted in a colour called white Truffle. It is one shade lighter than the Chocolate Froth that adorns the living and dining room and makes a giant difference in the house.


The new curtains are actually a Mexican blanket I got at a garage sale. It picks up the colours of the stair risers and with the almost white walls, makes a nice pop of colour. Don't be silly, the pictures are going back up on the walls, I am just giving the paint some time to cure. Anyone who know me know there would never be that much empty wall space in my house.........ever. I plan to paint the brass curtain rod, (another garage sale find), black. I have some touch ups to do on the stairs but that is not a major task.

Then I did this; I had two balloon back chairs given to me by Princess Diva. She had them but had no room for them, When I saw them and mentioned how much I loved them she ever so graciously offered them to me. The seat covers were badly faded, and sported some stains (which I provided after I got them but don't tell anyone). I planned to recover them from the beginning.


I have had them for some time and I have had the material to recover them for sometime but it was just this week that I finally got around to making them look like this:


The seat covers are a warmer darker brown than the picture shows. There was a lot of sun coming in the living room window when I took the picture. It has nothing to do with my fabulous picture taking skillz.

I finally got brave, went out and got myself one of these.  Now I am learning to text, so I can be one of the cool kids. Lots to learn but I am liking it so far. Little videos of the Tater Tot are most precious.


The Hostess stopped in and we went out for sushi. She took my puppet stash and sold 13 of them for me, the sweet girl. I promptly spent that money on a few things I have on my "when he comes to visit me" job list for The Carpenter.


I have a couple more things to add to the pile. Not so much as to make him start coming up with  a list of reasons as to why he is never coming to visit again but enough that I will not have to hire someone to come and do it for me.

I also finally got the old gas dryer in the basement disconnected so now it can be safely removed and I will gain some valuable storage space. I have one more reno project that I will share later because its not quite complete. Its still drying and needs some assembly. I went second hand store shopping, I went up and had supper with KitKat because she has been sick all week and bored out of her mind. A lovely busy time which was mared by only one thing.

I have been fighting a cough and chest infection all week and today I had to cave in and admit I am not feeling at all well. Not sick enough to be in bed but not well enough to be doing a lot of stuff. I had planned to go for groceries today but easily talked myself out of it. The thought of stomping around the store and hauling bags of stuff was too much. I will go another day.

The Hostess, Teddy Bear and I went to see Heaven is Real last night. I coughed my way through it and annoyed everyone around me but the show was worth it. It was really good. More in line with my idea of what the afterlife is going to be like.

I have not heard the alarm clock all week. (Heaven). I have had a nap in the afternoon if I was tired. (Double heaven). I have gone out for breakfast and a coffee far more times than I should but that will stop next week. I have laid in bed and read in the morning before getting up and dressed for the day. Its a lifestyle I could happily get used to. I did not get through all the things on my "to do" list but I did the majority of them. I am happy. Tomorrow I will finish my last reno project and then I will start another quilt. Monday I will go for groceries and try not to pout because I have to go back to work on Tuesday.

Bring on retirement!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment