Sunday 20 April 2014

Easter Sunday

Well I promised that I had one more project to show off from this week. Its finally sitting and drying as the last coats were applied this morning and I have moved it to its final resting place. To dry in peace. Since I am feeling like complete crap today, its a good day to do very little.

Here we go, this is the before:


And here is the after:


The body is painted Cherry Cobbler, which is the same colour as the cabinet that I painted in the dining room. I sprayed the drawer pulls and oil rubbed bronze. The top, I sanded back to the bare wood and then stained walnut and gave it two coats of satin finish varnish.


I am particularly proud of it because I have very little experience with staining furniture. I wish I had a before picture of the top because it was scratched and had a black bubbly glob in the middle of it. Not sure what that was but it sanded off with minimal effort. The mirror that hangs above it has been pained red too but cannot get hung up until the wall has had some time to cure.

So that is the last of what I did not my Easter vacation. Today my ribs are sore from coughing. I am tired and have no energy. I sound like I have smoked way too many cigars and yet I am not so sick I cannot be up and moving. So I have decided to take it easy today. Once this blog post is finished I am going to sew up the back for quilt and spend the rest of my day quilting. That makes me happy and it doesn't take a lot of energy.

I was going to cook a ham and make scalloped potatoes today in honour of Easter but that sounds like way too much work. It will be cereal and the ham can cook another day. I am working on the laundry but that is an easy job.

Easy is my catch phrase for today!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment