Sunday 4 May 2014

Someday I will accept it as fact

Yessir someday I will  just accept the fact that I do not like to go out anywhere on Sunday unless its to do something fun with friends. If its errands that need to be attended to, they can wait until Monday, even if I have promised my self that they need to be done. Somehow I can put them off until its far to late to go. So I make promises to myself about all that I will accomplish on Sundays and it does not happen, then I feel like I have let myself down. Its all very silly, so I need to stop setting myself up for failure. Even if its a little failure, I still feel it.

Today I needed to go for groceries, I didn't get it done on Saturday, many other things to do and frankly I ran out of energy. It got late in the day and I was in no mood to fight the weekend shopping crowd.  I really don't need much, just some staples. I have a prescription to pick up, I have pictures to get from Walmart, I wanted to go pick up a pair of slippers on sale so my feet will no longer be frozen in my house. All of this I was going to do today. None of it would take very long and none of it a big deal. I managed to talk myself out of it and so far today I have only poked my nose outside long enough to haul garbage and recycle out to the dumpsters. SO maybe one of these days I will understand that I just am not interested in doing errands on a Sunday. Fun stuff yes, errands, nope. accept the fact that this is how I roll.

I finally have hung the pictures back up in the entry way, well I did most of them a while ago but I added a new one to the mix:


Its a snap shot of a portion of Blarney Castle the Banker took on our trip. She was at the top of the castle and took several aerial views of the castle grounds I love this picture. So I ordered it up on a poster sized board. A few clicks of the computer mouse and ordered  and  was ready on Saturday. I hauled it home and hung it at the top of the stairs. Now there is a castle at the end of the rainbow.


I have one more Ireland themed picture to frame and then hang and then I think I will have sufficient Ireland pictures around to suit me. I will share that one once I get to Walmart, get the ingredients and get it hung.

I still have not gotten the touch ups done on the stairs. I think I may have to go back to setting aside one night in the week to tackle things I am not all that keen on doing. I seem to be letting more and more slip by the wayside. Getting back on track is something I should be working on. Having a quilt to work on is very much a distraction to me and its not helping. Quilting is not something I plan to give up so it is just going to have to be dealt with.

Right now I need to go find something for supper, besides the bowl of cereal I just scarfed down. I really should have gone for groceries to day. My feet are freezing and I need to hem a pair of drapes before the evening is over. Sigh. I am such a work in progress.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment