Sunday 6 April 2014

Finishing Up Some UFO's

People searching the internet for little green men will be disappointed if they stumble across my little blog. My UFO's are not of the extraterrestrial sort, they are the objects of the unfinished sort. Over the course of the weekend, I have mended socks, mending mitts, made puppets, altered a drapery panel for a friend, and finished Babybug's quilt finially. I have been seriously tardy in getting it done. He was born in November and now its April and I just got it done. Yeesh, but at least its finished.


It is delightfully squishy and snuggly and I am very happy to have it all done and ready to get delivered. Before Babybug is headed off to university.


In between getting these jobs done, I did the usual groceries, laundry, some quilting and had a surprise dinner out with The Hostess. She called last night and treated me to sushi. It was delightful to see her. I had some puppets to deliver to her so it was good to have her in town. I just got the horns on her moose puppet about 5 minutes before we were to meet at the restaurant. Its always lovely to see her.I need to get up to her end of the country one of these days.

All those projects behind me now,  I can focus on finishing off the last of the other puppet order I am doing for a school in "Capital City". Its the aboriginal sacred seven and so far I have three made. I am going to quilt now though. I think it will be the best way to spend the remaining hours of my Sunday. Quilting and watching taped tv programs.

One more week to work and then I am having ten days off. I love days of, incase I have not mentioned that before, I LOVE THEM!!! I have a List. A big long list.  I am hoping to get the entry painted at my house. Continuing to do some purging and cleaning and do a million little things that need to be taken care of. I want to shop for a light fixture for the hallway upstairs and new taps for the kitchen sink. Flooring for my bedroom needs to be decided on and maybe even that room will get painted. I can feel I am doing it again. Making a list of a million things I would like to get done is an incredible small amount of time.

The chest of drawers in the entry needs to be finished. I have the drawers painted, but the body needs doing, the top needs staining. The carpet needs to be removed from my bedroom, well finished being removed. Wall paper needs to be dealt with and it goes on and on and on. So many plans, so little time.

Spring is finally showing its self, or at least it was yesterday. Today there were a few snow flakes floating down. When will it ever end??????????

Right now I most need a cup of tea, a snack and then maybe a little cat nap. Quilting will wait for a few minutes more. Sir Barksalot next door woke me at 8:00 this morning and kept up singing the song of his people until after 9:30. So much for me getting to sleep in on Sunday morning. He has not done that for a long time now. Maybe because the weather has warmed they let him out again. I don't know, I just know I don't appreciate it at that time of the morning on the one day of the week I like to sleep in.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment