Sunday 30 March 2014

Busy Weekend

The Nurse and the Entertainer were here for the weekend. We had a good time. They caught up to me at coffee on Friday night and then zipped off home this morning. Well not quite, they left my place to meet relatives for lunch, then do some last minute shopping and then head home. We shopped on Saturday, and then hung out for the evening. I have forgotten how much fun 6 year old kids are. Especially ones with imaginations. We ordered in Pizza which was SO MUCH FUN!! We played school,  we played Rapunsel, we played beauty shop:


I have not had that much blue eye shadow on since the late 70's early 80's and oh my, the lip gloss. Let us just say it was liberally applied!! We watched Frozen, we watched Monster High 13 wishes, we had a good, giggly, silly time. The house is mighty quiet now they have gone home again. I just wish I was able to walk around and move easier. My leg is giving me grief and I was not able to move like I would have wished to. This is getting to be a recurring theme with me and I am not liking it. Changes need to be made.

They headed home and I took off too, I had a couple of errands to run. I picked up some picture reprints at Walmart and then stopped at Michael.s to pick these beauties up:


They are my Ireland water colours and I am sooooo happy with how they turned out. The colours of the mats are much nicer in person. I really am not good at getting he right colour in pictures but I am tickled with them. They are hanging in the living room, over the couch, in pride of place. The living room has quite a few Irish related pictures now. I have the two photo canvases, these two water colours and a long narrow frame that holds some post cards that I love from Ireland, (post cards with lots of little fat sheep).

I am spending the rest of the day quilting and watching some tv. I should have been making puppets, I will get at that order next week. Laundry can wait until Monday and changing the sheets on the spare beds can be done at at later date. I don't feel like doing any of it so quilting it is. I am over half finished the sawtooth star quilt. I have 4 and 1/2 squares left to quilt. Monday will be the beginning of getting things finished. Too much stuff is piling up.

Too soon it will be time to get gathered up and prepared to get back to work tomorrow. I am going to try to make my lunch tonight. I usually do it in the morning and I just would have it easier if I did it at night. Making it in the morning means I end up buying it more than I should. That has to stop, health wise and financially. I am me though, I have good intentions, follow through not so much.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment