Monday 17 March 2014

Time for Reflection and lots of Quilting

This weekend was not totally what I hoped it would be. It turned into a time to reflect, re-evaluate, admit, confront and take ownership. Every now and then we need to clean house, look at the parts of our lives where things are not going as we would like them, admit mistakes and pull our little selves up by the boot straps, put on your big girl panties and figure out what changes you need to make. Move on, improve, try harder and generally get out of the disillusional little bubble you live in and face the facts Jack!! You need to change your game.

So on went the thinking cap and I spent a lot of time mulling over a multitude of things that needed to be looked at. I spent a lot of time quilting. I think best when I am doing one of my crafts. The sawtooth star quilt is coming along nicely . I finally got started on Babybug's quilt. I should have it finished soon as it it a rather easy quilt to make. Lots of fuzzy lint from it while cutting the material but its lovely when its sewn up. Very squishable.

I finally took my little water colour paintings to the framers and they will be done in a couple of weeks or less. I cannot wait to see them framed and ready to hang in the living room. I hope they look as good as I think they are going to. That is about all I was out of the house over the weekend. A brief trip to the framers and home again to quilt and think.

My "to do" list has many things left on it that did not get done. Oh well there is always another day. The Nurse and the Entertainer are coming for the weekend but I imagine that I will get some work done while they are out and about shopping or visiting. Time will tell.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment