Friday 14 March 2014

The New Stove is HERE!!!

Thanks to an unexpected cheque from my companies health plan, (honestly, I thought I had used up all my benefits for this year but I hadn't, WHOOT!!) I had money on my hands that had not been anticipated nor was it earmarked for other things. What to do with this wonderful bonus???? A NEW STOVE!! Four times I have saved up for a stove only to have other, more urgent financial catastrophes, suck up that money. GRRRR.

The stove that came with the house was fine, it looked ok, but it was starting to slide into old age. Two of the burners only worked on high, the oven temp was a total crap shoot, which makes cooking a meal, baking anything an adventure. Least of all  it had this:


Can you see those little dark marks on the back?? Those are lumps/globs of glue residue. The former owner glued tea figurines across the back of the stove. Good way to keep them from falling off but it really makes a mess.  I could not get the residue off. This may not be a reason to totally ditch a stove in and of itself, but it contributed to my wishes for a new one.


I was also never a fan of the big black door, it shows every mark and streak. Anyway after a couple of delays in the delivery time this little beauty arrived yesterday. It is really almost sad at how happy I am over an appliance.


I had hoped to get a grey top but they do not make those anymore and they do not have lights on the top of the stoves anymore. Apparently everyone is supposed to have a range hood with a light in it. Now I am going to try and find a lamp to use as a night light in the kitchen. I have no range hood and no cabinets over the stove to attach a light to. Anyway, inspite of the black top and no light I am deliriously  happy with it.


I like the two big burners at the front and the warming burner in the center back.  I have pulled off the stickers , but have yet to set the clock and turn it on. I googled up how to keep it clean. Something I think I will be more prone to do with a flat top rather than a traditional burner top. I HATE cleaning burners and pans and ovens. This self cleaning, flat top baby has me having high hopes. I may prove myself wrong but I have high hopes.

Today I am off from work. Using up the very last of my vacation days before the new ones kick in. I plan to quilt and watch tv. Maybe fit the stuff back into the stove drawer that came out of the old one. I have some stuff to purge out of it, which is always a good thing. I may even do the dishes from my book club meeting last Wednesday. What I do know is I am relaxing today. That's what days off are for. Maybe I will even try out the new stove!!

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment