Thursday 27 March 2014

I Want My Mommy!!

Funny how it does not seem to matter what age you are or mature you pretend to be, how many years it has been since your Mother shook of this mortal coil and moved onto the next life, par of you still wants your Mommy. Sometimes for comfort, sometimes for no particular reason at all, sometimes to blame and sometimes to say all the things you never got to say. You deal with it, you manage your life, you go on and you function, you laugh, love, celebrate, grieve, rage and accept but you always, in some corner of your heart and mind, want your mom.

Today marks the anniversary of my mom's passing. I wish she was here. So many times I wish she was here, sharing and being part of stuff.  I wish she could watch Miss Mouse being such a great Mom to our Tater Tot. (My mom would just be so smitten with that little man.)  I wish she was here to share all the daily life stuff. I wish she was here to see how well everyone is doing and share in our lives.

I also wish she was here just to talk to. To ask a million questions I thought I had years to ask but turned out I was wrong. She was gone, far too soon.  I need her sensible, down to earth, wisdom and mostly I just need her. I have been so weepy lately and I know its hormones but still it just makes me want to put my head in her lap and have her tell me everything is going to work out. Sigh. I will get over this, I just am having a little wallow right now. Cause I WANT MY MOMMY!!!

Love and miss you Mom.

 My pretty mom when she would have been in her late twenties

loving Grandma. 

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment