Sunday 12 January 2014

Sunday Snippets

Best Friend is on the road again, headed home after a flying visit with me. She arrived in time to join us for No Cook Friday, stayed Saturday then had to hit the road this morning. We went for breakfast, she dropped me off at home and we said our good-byes. The house is empty again. We had a lovely visit while she was here. The Hostess stopped in for tea on Saturday afternoon. Best Friend took me on a couple of errands and for groceries but mostly we lumped around the house is complete lazy decadence.

After she was gone, I got the laundry started, put a pot of soup into the slow cooker and then spent the rest of my time knitting. I need to empty the dish washer, then fill it up again but the soup was well worth the mess, or at least it looks promising

Chicken Bacon Chowder


It looks a little grey in this picture but trust me, in person its looks golden and yummy. Stuffed with bacon, chicken, mushrooms, leeks, and onions. I will be looking foreward to the taste test this evening.

This week will be the beginning of the Sewing Room Reclamation. This poor room has gotten out of control almost to the point of being overwhelming. So instead of trying to do it all in one day I plan to start doing a bit at a time and just keep chipping away at the mountain of uncontrolled mess to defeat it slowly but steadily. I have a method that will save me from the madness

 I will also start to quilt a quilt this week. Another thing on my mile long "to do" list. I have several to get on with and its time to get "getting on". I also realized this weekend that I need to make a lap quilt for my living room. I have plenty of knitted blankets but they are made with acrylic yarn. Long wearing, easy washing they me be, warm and cozy, but poor Best Friend is allergic. My house is cool and she needs something to snuggle under when she is here. Presto......... the opportunity to make yet another quilt. I like that.

I am still without wheels. I hope hope hope its ready early in the coming week and I pray pray pray its not so expensive that I have to consider the sale of a major organ to pay the bill. Ah it will be what it will be. This to shall be dealt with as it happens.  I am trying not to dwell on it. I need my car, therefore I will find a way to pay for it.

Right now  my dear couch is calling my name for a lovely Sunday Snooze. Would it not me wonderful if the house elves had dealt with the laundry when I wake up............. Stop laughing, it could happen!!

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment