Sunday 5 January 2014

A Slow Return to Order

Slowly, carefully order is returning. Well maybe not order but the Christmas decorations are going back into storage and the house is going back to its year long regular look. I have to giggle when people tell me that they have two or three boxes of Christmas decorations. In my usual manner, one is good, two better and eleventy million is just the BEST!!

I have one or two Christmas decorations, can you tell? I did not even put it all out this year. There are two more boxes under the stairwell that contain the decorations for the big tree which did not see the light of day this year. So Saturday afternoon was spent, putting things away and more importantly, sorting through each box and plucking out a few things that I do not want anymore, do not use and therefore am ready to pass on to others via the local charity shop. I gleaned a full laundry basket out, which for me is a lot. In my defense I have to store all of these guys (17 of them) and they take three big boxes just for themselves.


The next big venture is that I need to get the trees back down to the basement. They are sitting in the dining room at the moment waiting for me get up the hummph to make the trek. It didn't happen yesterday, or today and I doubt it will happen tomorrow.

Today I shoveled the sidewalks because its extremely cold and I seem to like to do the outside stuff when its horribly cold. My nose was complexly numb by the time I got back into the house. The outside Christmas lights and decorations can stay up for a bit yet. My nose protested strongly  when I thought to go back out into the cold. That is why the garbage and recycle are still inside. They will go out to the bins when I absolutely have to go out of the house

Today I made soup. I am so proud of me. I have been yapping about doing this for awhile, and now finally I have managed. The potato soup I had planned turned into chicken noodle. This decision was determined by the contents of the fridge. Its simmering on the stove at the moment making the house smell comforting.

I shall dine on this along with cheesy toast for my supper this evening. What better to have on a super cold day?? Snuggled under an afghan, bowl of soup, cup of tea, toast and the prospect of Downton Abbey starting again. Sounds good to me.

I have been playing with my new camera and I have to say I love it. I love the fact that I can get closer to the subject with this one than I could with the old camera. I still have more to learn but I am liking it.



Back to work tomorrow, back to a full work week for the first time since December 13th. I imagine it will be a complete shock to my old system. My cold/ chest infection is diminished greatly which makes me happy. I really dislike not feeling well.

Well I am off to taste test the soup, find my knitting and settle in for the evening. Stay warm!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment