Wednesday 8 January 2014

Having a Bit of a Pout

While I surround myself with a lot of things, because I like a lot of things and clutter is how I live. You know: one is good, two is better, eleventy million is the BEST, I can get along without many things. Top of the list of the things I do not function well without are my TV and my CAR. Today I am pouting because my car is at the car hospital. Poor baby will  not start and even though I got the nice CAA people to boost it, the battery is not charging so its dead as a door nail in no time at all.

So the nice CAA people came and towed my poor babe to the garage today and I am grounded. The nice garage people are slammed in this coldest of weathers and are booking appointments well into next week. My baby will be sitting there in the cold waiting for a cancellation or next week, whatever comes first. Sigh.

Thanks to my wonderful friend Teddy Bear, I have a nice warm ride to and from work. Best Friend is coming for the weekend so I will have her to get me about and do the things I hate to ask Teddy Bear to do. Teddy Bear has enough on her plate with her daughter and grandkids. While I know she is more than willing to do this for me and has been very accommodating, I don't want to be annoying. Best Friend and I will have lots of time to do some errands for me. We will most likely be out and about anyway.

So I am at home being pouty and annoying myself. However, all is not lost, I did get some sewing done for a friend, and I have pulled the old caulking off the shower  and will re caulk it tomorrow. Need the shower running if I am having company this weekend. I also bleached the floor in the shower. Amazing how yucky it had gotten.

Other than that not much happening here. I have not made supper yet and its almost 9:00 pm. That is what happens when you have no idea what you want and not much in the house to play with. Supply lines are getting a little thin. Pay day soon so supplies will be replenished in the near future. I found a soup recipe on line I am dying to make but sadly have not the ingredients at the moment. Oh my, I am having a bad day in my own mind aren't I?? Poor little me!!

Ok, upside to the downside, I had lots of room to put the dumpsters out this morning. No snow banks to fight, just pulled them into the middle of the back driveway and left them. They are still there come to think of it. I have a lot of people offer me rides if I need them and that makes me feel good. I am not having supper by choice tonight not because I have nothing. I am blessed.

Well, I need to go make something to eat even if its a cheese sandwich, I need something. Then I am going to head upstairs and clean the bathroom up there.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment