Sunday 19 January 2014

Sunday Again So Soon

Here it is Sunday again and I have not posted all week. I don't know where the time has gone, what I have done but somehow a week has slipped by and its it once again at an end, with Monday looming large over my head.

I have started to clean out the sewing room. I have removed a laundry basket full of magazines from the room and should a stranger walk in there they would not notice a change in the place. Its going to be a long slog but I am determined to get it under control. I have almost finished the scrap afghan I a knitting. I am making it out of left overs from the puppets and its almost done. My proudest shinning moment of the weekend is that at last I defrosted the freezer, cleaned out the old things and made a list of the food that now lives in it. I hope to keep on top of it this way. I was shamed at the stuff I threw out. Such a waste. it is a sin and a shame.

Yesterday Mommybug came to town and we went out for lunch. Oh it was lovely to see her. She needed a break out from being at home with the kids. Understandable of course. kids are wonderful but you need some adult company now and again. I was happy not only to see her but to get the grandbabies Christmas gifts to them at last. We had a nice lunch and then a bit of a shop at the local fabric store. She brought the material for the Babybug's quilt. I shall get at that right away. One of these days I need to head out there to meet the new little man and see the house renovations.

I should have been making laundry soap this afternoon, tidying the kitchen and hauling the last of the Christmas decorations to the basement. Instead E and I went to see 12 Years a Slave. It was well written, well acted but too long. Harsh and brutal but too many shots of scenery and the main character's silent face that were not really needed. I got the impression it was trying too hard to be "artistic" and it did not need to be. Its was hard to watch how cruel we can be to each other as humans. I am glad saw it but its not the easiest subject.

So that took most of the afternoon. After I dropped E off, I picked up a couple of groceries and headed home. Now I am thinking I need some tea, a little supper then time spent watching Downton Abbey. Maybe I will finish my afghan tonight. Then I need to crack on with some quilts.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment