Tuesday 31 August 2021

Quilting Frenzy

Ok before I get into the  quilting frenzy that was August I want to state that my new compression socks lied!! I bought those ones that they claim are super easy to put on. No more struggles to get your socks on!! Lies, Lies, all lies. As a dear friend pointed out to me, if they were easy to get on they would  not do their job. I had high hopes because oh my goodness I hate that fight with a total passion.  I now have new socks (which I did really need) and its back to the fight.  I am not happy.

Enough about that, on to the fun stuff. August was the month that I went into a complete quilting frenzy. I have started on the donation quilts,


this one is a queen sized 


and a crib quilt



This runner will be in the raffle basket for the yearly Safe and Warm Raffle


This one will be for me, I have to add boarders and buy some backing for it, then I can quilt it.  I bought a layer cake awhile ago and found this pattern that used every ounce of the fabric.

I liked the buffalo check runner so much I am currently making one for myself. I think it is super cute. My piecing is not perfect but that is ok. If you don;t look to hard it looks fine.


Its going to be narrower and longer and I am toying with the idea of binding the edges with red. I think that will look sharp.

This is last weeks Christmas quilt block. I am really having fun doing this quilt along, (I may have mentioned that before but it still stands.)



Today we next the next pattern for the week. I will be sewing that up as soon as I get finished with the blog. Its a fun way to get to use my stash of Christmas themed fabric.

The last year I worked I had a hard time to man handle file folders and my cane and all the other things I needed to transport around the office. I had a brain wave and bought myself one of those three tier rolling carts that they sell in craft stores ( and almost everywhere now)  it worked a treat. I tied a rope on it and dragged it all over full of files. It made my life easier. 

Then I retired and it came home with me. One more thing to find a place for. I was not sure that I even needed it now I was home but I like it. I did not want to get rid of it. For a year and a half  (or more) it has been in the dining room. Yesterday I decided to either find a proper home for it or it had to go. I don't think I need to tell you I found a home for it. Its in the craft room holding some scrapbooking and other supplies. 


I have things to put on that bottom tray, I just have not gotten them out yet. The other plus side of this new arrangement is I have an empty tote box, I have made some room in a cupboard for scrapbooks. Its really win win all around. Its such a handy little cart, it moves so easily I am glad that I could keep it.

This little rearrangement of the cart has inspired me to get going on working at putting things away. I have a horrible bad habit of just putting things down and not actually putting them away. I have been working on it but its something that I really need to improve. So now I am going to work on finding homes for things and actually getting stuff to the spot it should be. Not one the floor, not on a table, not behind my chair in the living room. I also need to get rid of  whatever it is, if there is no room for it. Its a big project and may take years but I am working on it.

The donation boxes went at last, they are gone from the dining room floor. Birthday Twin's quilt has been mailed and she should have it soon. The donation quilts will go in the near future. Its all good and its all progress. I figure when I give up working on all this I will really have a problem. As long as I keep chipping away at it I stand a chance. Lets be realistic, I will always have clutter and things. Its how I roll. A minimalist I will never be!! It needs to be managed and not let to slide over into hoarder territory. 

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment