Thursday 12 August 2021

Complaints and other stuff

 Yes I am going to complain. I'm feeling decidedly sorry for myself lately and I just need to vent for a moment then I will get on with other things. The last bout of heat and humidity did a number on me. I have never handled the heat well, throw in humidity and I am a total mess at the best of times. Add the new fun of  arthritis in my arms, shoulders and hands and some days just getting dressed is not worth the fight. It took me 25 minutes to get my compression socks on the other day, Much sweating, tugging, swearing and two broken fingernails later, they were on. Add in these new pains and stiffness in my arms and one wonders if its worth it. I have ordered some new sock which are, in theory, easier to get on, time will tell but I have to try.  Stretch pants that stick to your skin and it just feels like everything is a fight.

One of the most frustrating things is that when I am sitting I am fine. No pain in my legs, nothing, I feel completely normal and in my head I think I can do things like I used to . Those silly thoughts last until I stand up and that illusion goes crashing to the ground as I struggle to move. I am fighting against this but like most things it goes wrong much faster that it goes right. One step forward and five back is how it feels. It frustrates me to no end and sometimes I just need to ramble on and on about it. I'm done now until the next time. Thanks for listening,

Time to move on, even I get fed up with my "woe is me" speeches. Lets change the subject. I have decided to do another Quilt-a-long on Facebook. Its a Christmas quilt this time and I have the first two wreath blocks completed.


I have a sizable stash of Christmas material so I am going to try and do the quilt without buying any material. The next blocks are peppermint candies and I am going to take a stab at making them once I am done this post. I have totally enjoyed the last two quilt-a-longs that I did and I think this one will be fun. I'm not sure what I will do with the finished quilt but I will deal with that when the time comes. For right now I will just be happy to have the making of it.

I started a new scrap quilt. This one is going to be donation quilt I think. I have so much material and I love to make quilts so this is one way to keep making and have them be useful.



I nearly have it quilted and then just need to get it bound. I am planning up a crib quilt for the next project. Quilting is the thing that I love to do most of all.

Teddy Bear and I went out for lunch last week. We went in the SAME CAR!! We went to an actual RESTAURANT!! It felt so naughty but oh my goodness it was fun. Covid rules are starting to loosen and we can do some of the things we have not done for more than a year.


This coming Friday, the No Cooks are actually going to meet at a restaurant. We have not done that since Covid reared its ugly head. We are all double vaxxed and ready to roll.

Sad news in our family this month. My last Aunt passed away at the age of 91. She is at peace now and no longer in pain. Its strange to think that I no longer have any Grandparents, aunts or uncles. Her passing has bumped my generation of cousins up to being the elder statesmen of the family and I'm not sure I am ready for that. I have said before, my age never used to bother me until I hit my 60's. Those numbers stick in my craw, I don't feel that age (at least when I am seated) and while I am happier to have birthdays than not, I am not all that thrilled with being one of the OLD ones. Yeesh.

It is what it is and I just need to make peace with it, all of it. The pain, the limitations, the age, the random farts, the list goes on. Right now I am going to pull out my Christmas material and loose myself in making quilt blocks for awhile.

Toodles

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment