Tuesday 24 August 2021

Who Flipped The Fall Switch

 You can feel it, Fall is on its way. Its like we don't get the gentle season changes anymore. Nowadays its like there is a switch, someone hits it and bang the season has changed. I am not complaining, I love fall. Its my favourite season. I love the change in the light, the cool in the air, the colours and the list goes on and on. Pumpkin Spice, just pumpkins in general, I love it all. My plan is that at some point in the next week I am going to get my fall decor out and pumpkin up this place.


See these two jars. They have the gems in them that I was so desperate for when I was doing my mosaic stars. I knew I had some but could not find them,, or at least I thought I had some. I caved in and bought  some more because I really wanted to add them to the stars. WELL as it goes in this house, I bought some more, finished the stars and then found the original jar of gems. Now I have double the amount. Sigh. I work on getting organized and it seems to be that I will be working on that particular skill for a long time to come. Yeesh

Birthday Twin's quilt is all done, washed and today is getting packaged up to go in the mail tomorrow. I am pleased with the result and so is she. I sent her a picture because she could not wait to see it. The shirts blend well together and make a dark moody quilt.


I made a couple of other things for her from the shirts but I cannot show them just yet. She does not know about one of them and I want it to stay that way for the moment.

Today is the day we get the next block for the Christmas Quilt. Last weeks was candles and I managed to get them done right away. This week's is already waiting in my mail box. I can't wait.


One of my plans for today is to get today's blocks made. All the blocks so far have been cute and these next ones are living up to expectations.

Speaking of quilts, I have started on a crib quilt. It will most likely be a donation quilt. I did it in a pattern I have wanted to try for ages.



Its called tumbling blocks and thanks to the Missouri Star quilt templates and tutorials I found an easy method of making it. No Y seams. 


It just needs the binding and its done. A crib quilt does not take a long time to make. I am tickled with it and will for sure do another one at some point. 

I am so happy I had this idea to donate quilts. Its a great chance for me to try out patterns I have always wanted to do, use up my stash and give myself something to do. I need to get some more batting soon but that is about all. Thanks to generous friends I have lots of backing material. I have Ladybugs quilt squares to make and a couple of runners to do for fundraising baskets then I can get on with another donation quilt. I shall be stalking Pinterest looking for the next pattern to try out.

Well I should get myself off the computer and get at the chore list for today. Such fun!!

Toodles

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment