Monday 2 August 2021

Monday Musings

 My goodness, August already, when are the days going? We are still trapped in the heat and the dry. Little to no rain has been had or forecasted, Its been a hard year. Its been a hard almost two years. Covid and the weather are putting us to the test. 

I had a lovely week last week, Mama Bug stopped in and we had supper together. I always love to see her and catch up on her news. I had friends stopping by for coffee and visits, The Banker is back in the province and we had a good catch up. We are back to gathering for our No Cook nights and one can almost pretend that life is semi normal. Almost

I made a big long  "to do" list last night, I am always full of good intentions the night before. What actually happens the next day is a crap shoot. So far today I managed to do three things on the list and then I went rogue. I made some mosaic stars. Channeling my inner Princess Diva,





They need to dry overnight then they are ready to have some grout added. Once that is dry, the two big ones will go on the shed and the little one will be added to the veranda Canada day decor. I am rather pleased with the results and am very glad to have them under process, at long last.

I am now toying with the idea of doing some scrapbooking. I have a couple of albums that need to be finished. Speaking of scrapbooking we have booked our room for our scrapbooking event in the fall. We are sticking with a small group due to covid still being a potential problem. I am just so excited about being able to at least entertain the idea that we can have our get together. That  weekend is one of the ones I look forward to every year.


This photo shows a domino effect. I wanted to do the stars and I swore I had gem stones I could use. I wanted to add them. Could not find said gem stones. Gave it some serious thought and decided I would not be happy without them. I placed a Michael's order. Long story short, I got the gem stones I wanted, one more container of gem stones and two packs of card stock. Did I mention I has sworn I was not going to buy paper for scrapbooking this year. If a certain paper punch had been in stock I would have got that as well.  I have plenty of paper and punches but apparently I have little to no will power. Not too mention,  there was a sale.  Yeesh.

I wish the weather would break and we would get some rain. This heat and humidity does me no favours. I understand its doing worse things to other people but I, for one, am wanting it over. I am so stiff and sore these days its not even funny.

I have the first donation quilt top finished and ready to sandwich. Birthday Twin's quilt has been washed and hanging to dry. The cushion tops are under construction, Things are bopping along. Seeing Mama Bug reminded me I am very behind on the quilt squares for Lady Bug,. Must get those done as well. I know what I am making I just need to make them. 

Toodles

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment