Monday 16 August 2021

Hello Monday!

 Right now I am in the craft room finding things to do so I can avoid my messy kitchen. It will get cleaned up today but right now I am procrastinating. We are back into the horrible heat and I am feeling sticky, icky and cranky, How fun is that? I do have say that I am in a much better frame of mind than last week and this heat is suppose to be gone soon. I can hang in until then,  I have chronic pain, that is a fact of life. I live with it and deal with it, every day of my life. Sometimes it gets to me and I start to feel sorry for myself and I need to vent. So far I can yank myself up by the bra straps and get on with it. So bra straps yanked and I am back on track for the moment. Just have to wait out this latest heat wave. 

Are these not the cutest little things?


These are the next set of blocks for the Christmas Quilt. I just love these little candy cuties. We get a new block via email every Tuesday so I'm looking foreward to tomorrow to see what is next. I imagine I will keep this quilt for me because I really need another quilt. (I nearly got that typed out before I started to giggle).

On the weekend I got ambitious and mixed up the grout for my mosaic stars. It is such a messy job, or at least it is for me. I need to do it outside from now on. The black stuff seems to get everywhere and my fingernails look like I have been gardening for days. Yes I usually wear gloves to do this but I could not find any on the weekend and used a bread bag to smooch out the grout. It was ok but not the best.  I do like the look of them now they are grouted, they turned out just as I wanted them to




The pictures are a little dark but its my talent for picture taking, (We have spoken of it before). Now I just need to paint the edges, add the hangers and they are good to go. My next mosaic project to to fix the sad little table I have outside the back door. That's a tale for another day.

More sad news for our family this last week, My oldest cousin passed away. Such a sweet, quiet, gentle being. He never said much but he did have a great sense of humor. He had a terrific record collection that you could listen to while your mom and aunt gossiped in the kitchen. I like Neil Sedaka because of him.  I still have the stuffed Santa Claus he won curling and gave to me so many years ago I do not remember not having this jolly old elf,


That's him, sitting on his chair in the entry. He has had a full body refresh because the original material rotted and I could not stand to throw him out. My cousin was truly a nice man and he will be missed but his pain and his battle have ended. Rest in Peace.

I am oh so close to having the donation quilt finished. KitKat was at a yard sale on the weekend and snagged me three sheets to use as backing on future quilts. I was thrilled. I can just feel my fingers itching to get stitching. 

Not a great big to do list today. Clean the kitchen, quilt and bag up the textile recycling and the garbage. needs to be taken out. Not a lot but enough that it has me hiding in the craft room and blogging instead of cleaning. I really am my own roadblock.

Toodles

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment