Tuesday 7 September 2021

The Last Days of Summer

 I was going to do this post earlier in the day but I was busy this morning, The Banker stopped in for coffee this afternoon and I just now finished having my supper. Lots to do and lots to distract me from my schedule. I love when that happens,

Facebook has been presenting me with memories of my Ireland trip, EIGHT years ago!! I shared one or two with the Banker, because she shared that fabulous trip with me. Today she popped over for coffee and brought her Ireland scrapbooks. I snooped through hers and she did the same with mine. We reminisced and shared and had a great time. Ireland was the absolute best trip of my life. We had no bad days, just good days and better days. I could not have asked for better and its a very treasured memory. I still hang onto the vain hope that we can get to Scotland, it may be silly to do so but I am not giving up on that miracle. 

We had a lovely afternoon, reliving the best vacation ever, catching up on each other's lives, giggling, chatting and just spending time together. My goodness I cherish my friends!! I cannot imagine life without them.

This morning I was working on Operation Find a Home. Doesn't that sound fancy? Its really not. Its not some grand charity, its just me and my cluttered house. I am determined to find a home for all the things in this house that have no where to be but in the way. Things that have a home need to be put away in their proper place. New things need to be homed or they need to move on, WHAT A JOB !! 

I am making headway, its a slow and steady grind, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Dim and distant though it may be. So far I have found table tops


I have found the hutch!!


The kitchen actually has a floor, especially under the hutch and under the kitchen table. I have seen none of these spaces for ages. It feels fantastic to be winning this particular fight. I still have a long way to go but I am winning the battles with an eye to winning the war. The dining room is finished and the kitchen is ever so close to being done. The next in the sights is the living room, Go ME

As you could see by the dining room table I have started to bring out a few of the fall decor items. I hope to have this finished by the end of the week, Not sure I will haul it all out but enough to make the place look festive.


Today I got the new Christmas quilt block and its going to be a fun one, The last week's one was not all that much of a challenge but cute none the less.


This one is a candy stick and we only had to make one, The new block requires four to be made. I shall try to get at it tomorrow.

Tomorrow is grocery day, errands to be run and more work on the homing project. No rest for the wicked. If I get all the chores done, I can take some time to work on quilts.

Speaking if which I have started a new donation quilt. I worked on the top over the weekend and so far I am liking it,


It does not show up that well in the picture but its all in blues and has black sashing. Oh my its hard to work on at night but then I need to replace some burnt out light bulbs in the craft room. Regardless I have hit that age where black is not easy to work with without sunshine,

I think that is it for my news today. I hear my chair and a nap calling my name. I think I shall answer the call

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment