Sunday 27 September 2020

Days of Ordinary Miracles

 Not much to post about today. Like I have said before, retirement and Covid makes for slim pickens as far as blog posts go. I have scoured my brain and found a few things of note. Little ordinary miracles that have peppered my days.

Autumn is moving in heart and soul, my back lawn looks like a 1970's gold shag carpet there are so many leaves covering it. You cannot see the grass but its lovely to look at. It will not be so welcome when it comes to raking it but for the moment its lovely



|The front is not as bad but almost. Those big old trees shade the house all summer and dressed in their best party dresses the trees make a breathtaking showing at this time of year. The weather this last week has been delightful so there has been lots of veranda sitting, coffee sipping, friend visiting time. Precious times to be savored before winter drives us inside. 

Several highlights this week. I finally found my dining room floor. I have the donations, garbage, recycle and all other detritus removed and the floor has been revealed.


 It has not been seen in some time. This is a retirement goal achieved. I wonder how many people have finding their floor as a life goal. Just me??  Thought so.

The biggest miracle, the one I am the most grateful for is the bathroom light. After I soaked it last week with scrub  water, I left it. I removed the light bulb and let the thing dry for a full week in the hope that it was not completely damaged. I put a bulb in it yesterday and Viola!!


Let there be light. No more peeing in the dark!! It works once again. I am so happy. The water stains will get painted over at some point but for now its very good to have a working light once more and not have to call an electrician. I still need to deal with the fridge as its not fixing itself but for now I am basking in the glow of my working light.

My printer is up an running!!! Another reason to do cartwheels (if I could). I did give it a try and failed totally to get it to work. The Banker offered up her tech savvy grandson and today he got it going for me. Turns out my printer is wireless but my old tower is not. He used an old power cord from a past printer and had it running in no time at all. Well it did take him 45 minutes but I am sure that most of that time was taken up by having to wrangle the old cord out from behind the file cabinet. 


Now I am happily printing out embellishments for my scrapbook. Its wonderful. I can stand a better chance of getting the things I want for my scrapbooks, making titles and doing all sorts. I also love that it is so small and tucks in the corner so neatly.

I baked a cake this week. Its yet another miracle. I made a fruit cocktail cake for No Cook. I would make it again but I would make a few changes to it. Everyone seemed to like it unless they were just being kind. I will make it again. Its definitely  better with the cool whip


I am going to start a binder with the recipes I find that I like and will do again in future. In a binder will be a way to know where they are and to make note of any changes that I make to the original. I have the supplies at hand to make this book

KitKat and I ventured out this week to a local cafe for a snack this week. It felt so odd to be out, eating like we did pre covid. The pumpkin pie was totally worth it.


I thought the presentation was so cute. I'm not usually a fan of the presentation plate but this one is one that I liked.

I have had lots of visitors this weekend. I do love when my friends pop in and we have coffee and a chat. I love that they feel free to do so. Always most welcome, always enjoyed and always appreciated.

I think that is is. Not a lot, not extraordinary but its all good. Ordinary Miracles, I'll take them anytime.

Toodles

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment