Sunday 4 October 2020

Ups and Downs

Once I finally got  my printer up and running I happily printed off the clip art I needed to complete my last years scrapbooks. I got the last page done and filled in the missing bits.



 All done and ready for me to move on to this years albums. Just in time for Covid to cancel our weekend. Crap crap crappity crap. Our small groups is trying to find a venue that we can still do our weekend but its not easy in this pandemic world. Sigh. I so enjoy that weekend, I am not going to be a very happy bunny if things do not work out.

Finally and at long last I managed to take pictures of the last two finished quilts. I will be setting them aside to raffle off next year.



The butterfly applique quit is not super big. Its big enough to cuddle up under. The black and white Celtic knot is queen sized. 

Things went mad around here this last week. I actually made a pot of soup!!It was delicious if I do say so myself.



Chicken noodle. I am hoping this is the beginning of a trend for me. Soup and sandwich are my favourite cold weather lunch. I really have to get this meal making thing organized. Too lazy for my own good, that is my problem. 

I did manage to get somethings done around here that have been waiting to be taken care of. I got my new wall hanging put up.


I like it right where it is. I am not fond of blank walls in my house. Other people's houses, yes, but not in my own. Even I have to admit that I am running out of spots to hang things. 

I have gotten started on Best Friend's quilt. She passed on all of her father's old ties and wondered if I could turn them into a quilt for her. I have all the blocks made, just need to sew on the sashing and get it quilted.


I do think its going to be very cute. I hope she will be pleased with it

I spent today happily churning out blocks for the third Canada runner I will have made. Its going in a basket that was to be raffled at scrapbooking. The Banker and I do this every year. Once again I am not sure what will happen with it but I'm making it anyway. If we do a smaller version of the weekend we may raffle it off anyway. Fundraising is hard to do this year. Stupid virus is making us readjust all sorts of normal everyday activities.




I may use this pattern in autumn colours for the fall wall hanging I want to make for myself. I got material for it last monday. Not enough but a good start. I want autumn leaves and pumpkins on this hanging. I have a thing for pumpkins.


I also found this panel that I hope to turn into a wall hanging or even a quilt for myself one of these days.


So there are lots of projects on the roster. So many things waiting to be done and  new things keep popping up all the time. I am thinking that I will not find the winter long a boring.

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment