Monday 21 September 2020

Did you ever have one of those days?

My yesterday was one of those days. It even had a theme. The theme for the day was spilling things. It started with me getting up and kicking a bucket of scrub water down the stairs. Yes, for a brief moment I had an indoor water feature. Soaked the stairs, soaked the things under the stairs, caused me to utter an abundance of colourful curse words. It was fun

The water soaked through the ceiling in my bathroom on the main floor. |The bathroom its tucked under the stairs.

\\

Lovely water stains and now the light will not come on. Sigh. I am not going to try it again until I feel for sure it is totally dry and I will put in a new light bulb. It that fails I will sob quietly in a corner.

The rest of the day went on with me dropping just about anything I put my hands on. Two stand out highlights being a complete cup of coffee onto the kitchen floor and a good portion of a bowl of hot soup down my shirt Oiy!! I'm not sure what was up with that but things are fine today. I can keep control of what I have my hands on today. Maybe I was just tired, I tend to get dropsy when I am tired.

I have to call someone about my fridge. It has water inside it. I know I have to get the repair guy in but for some reason I am putting it off, because we all know that is the mature thing to do. I will think about that tomorrow Tomorrow I will get the phone calls made that I need to take care of. I have to make an appointment to get my picture taken for my drivers licence. I have been putting that off too for some reason, when its really not a big deal.

So the other day I got a chance to get something I have wanted for a very long time and to get it at a bargain price. I got myself a quilt rack. Didn't put that off did I???


I am also very pleased that I actually have a spot to put it. Where it sits is where the storage containers used to be taking up valuable real estate.  Now they are tucked away in the cupboard.


Look you can still see the floor in the closet. That is a miracle indeed.

The quilt rack looks so much better in that space. I am so tickled to have it. There is still one more place to put another quilt onto it. I am debating if I should paint it or just leave it as is. That will take some thought so for now, as is it is. A couple of the little buttons are missing that hid the screws but they are an easy replace.

Not much else to say for myself. Teddy Bear's vacation time has ended and she is back to work today. I know she will not be happy about that and I know I miss her. We had a few coffee visits while she was off and it was so nice. I do like it when my friends drop in for a visit. Her job is so hard and just getting harder with each day that passes. She is needs to retire and leave the madness to someone else.

Crafting update. This week I am going to get started on Best Friend's quilt that will incorporate her dad's old ties. I sold some dishcloths the other day so I have been busy knitting new ones to replace them. I have a plan for the dishcloths I have on hand and I need to keep a certain number ready for that plan. 

My next big challenge it to get my printer actually working. (No I have not done that yet). I know they say its an easy install, anyone can do it but I find that statement rarely means me. I did make a spot for it which was a big hurdle but I have not actually plugged it in yet. I need to though. I need to face the dragon, bite the bullet etc because I need to print some stuff.

As a scrapbooker, I use embellishments a lot. Stickers are part of that but I find the ones I really want are not always that easy to find. I am placing my hopes on clip art and my sticker making gadget to solve my problems. Pray for me that this goes easier than I think its going to. I really would like to get my 2019 album finished before I start on my 2020 one.

We decided that even if Covid stops us from having our big scrapbook weekend, our group of 8 will have one anyway. We can look into renting a community center or someplace and do it anyway. I was so happy to hear that, I look forward to that weekend all year long. Its such fun.

Not much else to tell. Covid and retirement do not make for a lot of fodder for blog posts. Maybe I will give the printer install a try, or maybe I will put that off too. Pray for me.

Toodles 

Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment