Sunday 1 July 2018

Oh My

So the water heater is in, the dryer is out, the washing machine is back in place and back in use. Things are looking up. Not only is the dryer out it is gone to the dump with a number of other bits and pieces that needed to go. Its good to have it all gone.  I am working on getting things out back together and getting the house back to being presentable. The four boxes of donation things have been whisked off to the local charity shop. Today I am working on getting the laundry done for once and all.

Another thing is my quilt is finally finished. I completed the work on Friday. I took the day off so I would have an extra long weekend and put it to good use. I did some errands and then I quilted to completion.



It too, is being given a bath and will have a portrait taken in situ and be posted here at some point. I will shortly move onto the next quilt now this one is finished.

I. at long last. threw out the last of the carpet that was removed from my bedroom. Its been trapped in the shed for some time and a finally made it to the dumpster. My neighbour is, at last, beginning to remove the trees between our two properties. They are planted far to close together and are going to cause problems with the power lines. For my part I am staying out of his way and letting him use my green bin for the clippings.


This is a bad picture but remember this? The wine bottle boarder I was putting around the flower bed. Yes the one I started back in 2016. Well there has been a miracle. I finally got going on it once again.
I did not do much but I got going again. 15 bottles are what I can put in at at a time, before my knees stop me. Slow and steady and it will get done.


I have rounded the corner and headed to the home stretch. It raining now so I may or may not add another 15 bottles today, time will tell. I had hoped for 15 today then again tomorrow and that would bring me very close to completion. I will need to soak some labels off bottles after that. I also want to do a bit of weeding as there are more weeds than hostas in the flower bed at the moment. The yard is coming along nicely this year. I just need to keep up the Banker's good works.

I put the July 1st decorations out yesterday and I have my red and white hanging flower basket. So I am as festive as I can be at the moment.

The water heater is paid for and the taxes are mostly paid for. I have enough left over at the moment to replace the fridge. So many things required large chunks of money lately, makes my head spin. I am living on borrowed time with the fridge. Had I paid all the taxes, the fridge would not happen and I am not clever enough to live without a fridge. So hopefully the next week or so will see that new appliance in this house.

After this I hope things take a break for the moment. I cannot handle anymore financial hits, I really can't.

My beautiful birthday flowers thanks to the lovely Bug family.



Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment